cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stewdanko
Former Member
Message 1 of 36

Why does my scheduled tasks start 5 hours early?

Jump to solution

I have been using Internet Security Suite for at least 7 years and only had the problem once before.  I schedule a Quick Clean every Saturday at 10:30 AM and a system scan every Saturday at 11:00 AM (so I'm not scanning garbage temporary files).  Both utilities start around 6 AM on Saturday, and when I cancel the scan, both utilities start up soon after.  I have a Windows scheduled task that starts at 7:00 AM every day and works perfectly. This just happened since I upgraded to Windows 8.1.  How do I fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stewdanko
Former Member
Message 35 of 36

Re: Why does my scheduled tasks start 5 hours early?

Jump to solution

Peacekeeper wrote:

Ok

I tried it yesterday at 10:00 and it start on time and completed normally.  I have now reset my schedule back to the way it was since before this started.  If it happens again, I will open another discussion item.  You can close this incident as answered.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

35 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 36

Jump to solution

No idea but I would cancel the schedule for now and do it manually and contact Technical Support, link below - free of charge.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

stewdanko
Former Member
Message 3 of 36

Jump to solution

I tried contacting them and they told me it was because I cancelled a scheduled scan even though the scheduled scan started 5 hours early.  Technical support is nothing more than disconnected contract monkeys overseas that have no contact with developers and just spew canned answers out of some procedure manual.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 36

Jump to solution

Well I'd hate to think what that makes me as they are more trained in these things than I am, I'm only a volunteer user like you.

Contact them again and ask for escalation, that is your right.  A higher level tech will then take over.

stewdanko
Former Member
Message 5 of 36

Jump to solution

I actually tried that.  I found out that escalation just gets you the call center supervisor who is nothing more than a carbon copy of the call center monkey.  Also, I was expected to make an appointment with her and sit by the phone and wait for her call.  They do not give an escalation number, transfer to the escalation or provide any other type of escalation.

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 36

Jump to solution

I will test this on my PC later on today. To check what version of the product do you have 13.6 or 14.0.? and what version of quickclean..

We mods can bring this up at tomorrow's phone hookup 

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 36

Jump to solution

stewdanko wrote:

I actually tried that.  I found out that escalation just gets you the call center supervisor who is nothing more than a carbon copy of the call center monkey.  Also, I was expected to make an appointment with her and sit by the phone and wait for her call.  They do not give an escalation number, transfer to the escalation or provide any other type of escalation.

That's very odd, they always give a case ID #.   I'm wondering if you somehow got a company masquerading as Tech Support.  Never fear - give the info Peacekeeper has asked for and maybe someone on our weekly conference call will have some theories.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 36

Jump to solution

BTW calling support a bunch of monkeys isn't going to get you much help other than what we can give, so keep your fingers crossed we can help.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 36

Jump to solution

Actually, I was about to make the same observation. We as Moderators understand that a User/Consumer may be frustrated, with an issue and quite often are the 'Front Line', if you will. However, as you said....Calling someone a 'Bunch of Monkeys' does not help matters.

Just my 2 cents.....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
stewdanko
Former Member
Message 10 of 36

Jump to solution

Peacekeeper wrote:

I will test this on my PC later on today. To check what version of the product do you have 13.6 or 14.0.? and what version of quickclean..

We mods can bring this up at tomorrow's phone hookup

My Internet Security Center is 14.0 and my Shredder and Quicklean are 14.0 as well.  This is according to the "About" on the Security Center.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community