cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drl92350
Former Member
Message 1 of 81

Annoying pop-up

I recently renewed my McAfee subscription.  Now every time I use the internet, a large annoying pop-up window informs me that "Your McAfee security software has just been upgraded."  It gives me the option to watch a video about the new software or to dismiss it.  I want to stop the pop-up from showing itself everytime I get on the computer!  Any advice?? Thanks.

80 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 81

Re: Annoying pop-up

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response, Those are really for any information on disconuts & offers/ features regarding your McAfee programs.  Could you please confirm whether  you still receive the pop up from McAfee

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

drl92350
Former Member
Message 3 of 81

Thank you, Dinz.  Yes, the pop-up continues.  It seems to come from the McAfee logo in the bottom right of the monitor.  I renewed my subscription back on July 26, 2010.  Any help would be appreciated!

wes_dingman
Former Member
Message 4 of 81

I am getting the same pop-up. It is terribly annoying. Is there any way to get rid of it? Someone in Southern India working for Mcafee support told me to uninstall and reinstall Mcafee, but that did not help. The stupid pop-up just popped up again.

mcafee popup.jpg

drl92350
Former Member
Message 5 of 81

Screenshot attached.

drl92350
Former Member
Message 6 of 81

OK, thanks.  I'll let you know.

drl92350
Former Member
Message 7 of 81

Last night I turned off the alerts as you suggested, but the pop-up continues.  If the pop-up appeared only when I logged on, it wouldn't be as annoying.  But it will pop up several times throughout the course of my using the internet, and that is what's so bothersome.

Roland
Contributor
Message 8 of 81

I've been having the same problem for over a month. I watched the video three times, but it still keeps trying to get me to watch it. I click on DISMISS, but the pop-up always returns after an hour or two. The "solution" offered earlier in this thread was not even relevant, let alone helpful. The pop-up is not an "alert."

sleepycapt
Former Member
Message 9 of 81

absolutely agree. a ridiculously invasive and arrogant mentality renders this otherwise legit software useless. i have followed the procedure, and have uninstalled mcafee three times now. i leave it out for weeks at a time now just to get my work done. the problem with downloading it again is, you get latest interface and marketing pac. and its worse every time. no, you cannot fix it. no, you cannot stop the interruptions. we will decide when to interrupt your work. we will decide what features you will use. although my subscription is good to 4-2011, i am uninstalling it now. its just too much.

DEAR MCAFEE: you are not PAYING ME to use your software. i am paying you. listen. think. learn.

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 10 of 81

Hang in there folks. The messages you are getting happen after an upgrade. So theoretically you can install from a CD, get an upgrade, once you are on the internet you will get the message. Once you get the message it should not come back unless you reinstall or make the system go through a big change like a system restore. I am conversing with some of the developers to try and find out what information we will need from your computer.

Regards,

Message was edited by: Doug Richards on 9/30/10 12:25:07 PM PDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community