cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

wmcole
Contributor II

How to Report McAfee Account Hacked?

I cannot locate a McAfee "portal" to report what appears to be a hack of my McAfee account.  I received and email with an "invoice" for renewal of a product I have but the particulars are wrong (like subscription renewal date etc.).  The "From" address is also not, I believe, one McAfee would use to communicate with me. Supposedly if I click the "Log In and Get This Deal" button I get what is supposed to be a special price.

Other firms impersonated in such "invoice fraud" emails usually have a readily available link for reporting (and attaching, forwarding or uploading the raw version of) such emails, but I can find no such link for McAfee.

More troubling I can find no way to ask them  to check if my account  has been hacked since some of the info in the email appears correct. (Hack or lucky guess, I want to know.)  Email contact with McAfee appears to be no longer supported. And part of my self-supplied online security and privacy protection is rigorously avoiding social media.  As in I do not have, will never have and never have had an account on any social media platform McAfee now seems to require for direct assistance.  Seems a bit weird for an  online security and protection provider.

Further, it seems a security provider such as McAfee would be especially keen to hear about their own customer accounts being hacked or spoofed in order to track down perpetrators for prosecution or bugs for repair.

So, is there an email address, or online link where I can upload said email and ask about the integrity of my McAfee account?

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community