cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

neillo
Contributor III

False spam flagging

For the last few weeks, all emails received from WordTips, Windows Tips, and Ask Leo have had [SPAM] at the front of the Subject line. Checking my ISP's server shows that [SPAM] must have been added on my PC, as it is not present on the server. Clicking "Mark as not Spam" in the McAfee Anti-Spam tab removes it, which suggests it was McAfee Total Protection that was responsible in the first place. The emails were not placed in the McAfee Anti-Spam folder - I assumed this was because the Rules I have set up took priority.

However, today I received an email from Ask Leo which WAS moved to the McAfee Anti-Spam folder. So when I clicked "Mark as not Spam", it was moved to my Inbox and I had to move it to my chosen folder manually. This has turned it from a mild irritation to an annoyance.

What can be causing this and is there anything I can do to stop it?

Using Outlook 2010 in Windows 7

Who Me Too'd this topic

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community