cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DocRock
Contributor II
Message 21 of 29

Re: Windows HVCI Mode

Delete the freebee McAfee program that comes with many downloads.  See in the chain how to get rid of it.

KBent
Contributor
Message 22 of 29

I followed the instructions but the 'uninstall' option is grayed out. Does it have anything to do with the Microsoft Security already installed? Perhaps I don't need McAfee after all...

bjjensen
Contributor
Message 23 of 29

Thank you for posting this remedy. There is literally no warning when downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader that this app gets loaded too. Why can't we just get the reader by itself like we used to do. I can't tell you how many hours I've wasted trying to figure this thing out.
STYLERSCOTT
Contributor
Message 24 of 29

I get the same error but I am on Win 11 and don't have Hyper-V Virtual Service. I have Hyper-V Data, Guest, Heartbeat, PowerShell, Remote Desktop, Time and Volume Shadow plus I cannot uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus

Telemacchus
Contributor
Message 25 of 29

I have spent hours and hours on this, with no luck.  No one at McAfee seems to be able to (or want to) tell me how to turn off Window 10 HVCI mode which is blocking my McAfee Total protection from working, hence making my subscription worthless.  I just renewed with McAfee but now I am cancelling and requesting a refund, since no one can tell me how to turn the HVCI setting off, which seems absurd.  McAfee chat just tells you to go talk to Microsoft about it.  

John_D
Contributor II
Message 26 of 29

here is the solution that I found that seems to allow the HVCI mode (with no help from McAfee). I don't like that I have to do this, but it does get rid of the message. 
Windows key>type in Settings

Settings >Privacy & Security >Windows Security >Device Security >Core Isolation (see Core Isolation Details)> Memory access protection

I switched mine to "off". You'll see a message saying "Your device may be vulnerable"
My hope is that McAfee does protect the memory integrity as part of the core isolation protection. My question remains is why isn't McAfee able to answer this problem? 

But if this is the workaround, it has more to do with Microsoft and its security layers than with McAfee. I think Windows Defender thinks that McAfee is malicious code.

DocRock
Contributor II
Message 27 of 29

The FREE Security Scan Plus must be deleted, not from Apps, but via CCleaner.  This will work

DocRock
Contributor II
Message 28 of 29

The FREE Security Scan Plus needs to be deleted, not from Apps, but via CCleaner.  I <think> this will work

Telemacchus
Contributor
Message 29 of 29

CC Cleaner didn't work for me for this problem, and just added more software on my computer, AND blew away all my cookies and now I have to sign in on everything all over again.. However if you use File Explorer and go into Program files (not the App list or App files) on your computer and drill down and find the McAfee sub-menu you will get to the McAfee free security scan, and then if you look to the right you will see an option to deinstall.  It's a hidden de-installer, but anyone can find it and with one click, it will be gone.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community