cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dr_Don
Contributor
Message 11 of 29

Re: Windows HVCI Mode

I don't know!  I ultimately did a chat session with McAfee & they worked it out using what looks to me like a home built macro. 

It's a nuisance, but try a chat.  And hopefully, when enough people ask the same question, McAfee will post clear instructions on how to resolve the problem that even *I* can understand. 

John_D
Contributor II
Message 12 of 29

Was this to remove the free app? or because this issue is present with or without the free app and with a Mcafee subscription? 

Lou2
Contributor II
Message 13 of 29

The issue is not with LiveSafe.  This pertains to the McAfee Security Scan Plus app.  Some times when you download other programs such as Adobe, they will ask you if you want to add McAfee Security Scan Plus app. with your download.  You have to be careful and not check the box when it asks you if you want to download this app.  This app is completely separate from McAfee LiveSave.  Just remove the McAfee Security Scan Plus app, but not your McAfee LiveSave app.

DocRock
Contributor II
Message 14 of 29

The FREE Security Scan Plus can be deleted, not from Apps, but via CCleaner.  I <think> this will work

Exelan
Contributor
Message 15 of 29

Hi,

What was your result? Have you heard back from McAfee? Was the issue resolved? 

-another concerned McAfee user

Exelan
Contributor
Message 16 of 29

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Will this help me as well? 

-another concerned McAfee user

GiacomoMTT
Contributor
Message 17 of 29

@Venkat_YM 
Same issue here, and I have Windows 11... 😞

DocRock
Contributor II
Message 18 of 29

If you download CCleaner (Free or pay a bit), you can use their Tools to delete the additional McAfee installations that comes with other software.

Fixed it for me.  Your milage may vary.

Venkat_YM
Message 19 of 29

Hi @GiacomoMTT @Exelan 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please fine the below article to remove McAfee Security Scan Plus and more information about the software.

How to uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911)US.

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

RonBeatty
Contributor
Message 20 of 29

Just showed up today. I do not have a clue what windows HVCI mode is or how to fix the problem, and assume scans are now not being done placing my computer at risk. I have a full version of McAffee prepaid to 2025, maybe not the best decision.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community