Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
L-12
Contributor II
Message 1 of 6

VPN can't be turned off

Jump to solution

I can't turn my VPN off anymore. This occured on the 31st of December 2022. My VPN settings are set on "when I turn it on". On the LiveSafe front page it says my VPN is off. When I click on the "secure VPN" it says "Connecting to VPN" and is stuck there; the on/off switch nor the "Your virtual location" can be touched. The VPN is indeed on, as I can see that the IP address has changed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
L-12
Contributor II
Message 4 of 6

Re: VPN can't be turned off

Jump to solution

I restarted my computer, went to "See VPN settings" on the LiveSafe front page and now the on/off switch could be touched again. The problem solved itself, I reckon. But it was a weird kink that came out of nowhere after all these years.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @L-12 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly refer our below article for the solution. 

Connection issues with McAfee VPN products

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911)US.

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

L-12
Contributor II
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

I can go to LiveSafe front page: that doesn't turn the VPN on and it's not on when I turn my computer (desktop PC/Windows) on. But if I go to "See VPN settings" or "Secure VPN" on the front page or choose the McAfee icon on the taskbar's bottom right (next to date and time etc.) and click "Turn on VPN", then the VPN is permanently stuck on and nothing can be done. Only restarting the computer will turn it off again.

L-12
Contributor II
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

I restarted my computer, went to "See VPN settings" on the LiveSafe front page and now the on/off switch could be touched again. The problem solved itself, I reckon. But it was a weird kink that came out of nowhere after all these years.

Ebenezer77
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

I have the same problem but cannot find the "VPN settings" link that you refer to. Could you possibly advise me how to locate it?

AmandaJansen
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks, my issue has been fixed.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community