Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WaltH
Contributor II
Message 1 of 17

Trouble installing Total Protection 2022

Jump to solution

My system is a Lenovo Yoga 7i laptop runnings Windows 11.

I had a previous version of McAfee Total Protection 2021 installed on my laptop. I purchased a renewal key.  I downloaded and installed the McAfee installer.  A pop came and said I needed to uninstall the previous version so I allowed that permission.  It appeared to uninstall the previous version and I need to restart to continue.  When I restart nothing happens, no installation process is going on. I restarted several times still no installation. When I tried to use the installer again I can't run it because a pop-up says close to continue the installation.  Again nothing happens and it becomes a vicious cycle of the same thing over and over.  

I downloaded and ran the MCPR tool and I get uninstall completed.  So I try again using the McAffee Installer I downloaded from my account and the same thing happens, I can't install McAfee.  How can I get around this issue and install the 2022 version of McAffee?  Please help!

P.S.  I have been a loyal customer of McAfee Security Products for 24 plus years and this is the first time I'm having trouble installing a product.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WaltH
Contributor II
Message 3 of 17

Re: Trouble installing Total Protection 2022

Jump to solution

I had to contact customer service to resolve my issue.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Smita_Kumari
Message 2 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi @WaltH 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly follow the below article to install McAfee. If the issue still persist  Feel free to reach the McAfee consumer support on 866-622-3911 or by accessing the below link.

How to download and install McAfee consumer products

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards,
Smita

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

WaltH
Contributor II
Message 3 of 17

Jump to solution

I had to contact customer service to resolve my issue.

arunkn09
Contributor II
Message 4 of 17

Jump to solution
HI WaltH!,

I also have the same issue. Can you please tell me what exactly they did to resolve the issue?
WaltH
Contributor II
Message 5 of 17

Jump to solution

I allowed them remote control of my system and they fixed the problem.

Venkat_YM
Message 6 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi @WaltH 

Greetings from McAfee.

Thanks for getting back to us.

If the above information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance at anytime.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Venkat

Nicola37
Contributor II
Message 7 of 17

Jump to solution

Hello, I had the same issue - they said it would cost £100 to allow them remote connection to help with this issue.....did you pay for help?

arunkn09
Contributor II
Message 8 of 17

Jump to solution

Please do not pay such amount. It's their responsibility to help the customers. Even through remotely, they shouldn't charge any amount. 

As in my case, they tried to fix my issues through remotely (logmein plugin)  yet they couldn't help fix my issues. three people tried to fix it. and later they said. its a known issue and will contact once a solution found. till now no response from them. 

Nicola37
Contributor II
Message 9 of 17

Jump to solution

Why are McAfee employing people who charge then? Terrible.....

arunkn09
Contributor II
Message 10 of 17

Jump to solution
Here, they didn't ask for money. They just ask my permission to access my system remotely.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community