cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bojo1138
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Silent uninstall question

Not a reflection on your product, the company I provision machines for went with a different vendor. Now I am tasked with removing Livesafe from all machines. I could do this if i had the MSI GUID for the product but I have exhausted my registry search. I have used every entry that looked like a GUID, but all have failed. MCPR is a great option, but intrusive for my needs. I need to be able to "backdoor" into a computer and remove the software without interrupting the user. Any help?

3 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 4

Re: Silent uninstall question

Hi @bojo1138,

Greetings from McAfee.

Please follow the steps in the link below to remove McAfee.

How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows

If you any issues in following up with the article, we recommend you to get in touch with our support team by accessing the link below.

McAfee Chat Support 

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

bojo1138
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Not trying to be rude, but did you even read my question?

calverley
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

This is ridiculous, 

Are you meaning to tell the world, that Mcafee does not have a single way to silently uninstall itself at all?

Let me make my point, you are an ANTIVIRUS company, and your product has just entered the field of Virus, you install your product on multiple computers, with no way of removal other than a manual intervention.

You claim you want to be a big name in antivirus technology but completely fail to acknowledge that most companies utilizing antivirus are businesses and have multiple computers and in some cases hundreds or thousands, and your company can not grasp in their canary brains that a method of management is necessary?

What kind of company is this? you lock down a computer and basically ransom it, this is the absolute worst av i have ever seen, short of rebooting in safe mode and ripping every individual friggin piece of this crap out of a computer there is absolutely no way to manage it on a global level.

And your company has the gall to sit there and wonder why companies refuse to use you.

Figure crap out, no one wants an application that can not be removed under any circumstances, because circumstances arise.

A suggestion...

Find a darn way to get your piece of crap off machines without direct user interaction, maybe then your company won't be so low on the quality product list.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community