Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boonski
Contributor II
Message 1 of 7

Removal tool hangs on restart

Jump to solution

After running McAfee Removal Tool and restarting my Windows 10 desktop, the computer will not restart. How do I stop this hang up when I can't boot the computer?  With a repair disk I can get a to command prompt. but don't know the commands to correct the problem.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Boonski
Contributor II
Message 3 of 7

Re: Removal tool hangs on restart

Jump to solution

That didn't work. However I was able to boot using a Window repair disk and open Command Prompt. Giving the command "bcdedit /set {default} safeboot network"" I was able to boot in Safe Mode. Again restarting in Normal Mode the Removal Tool is trying to restart the computer but it never happens. What can I do in Safe Mode to stop the Removal Tool from starting? I tried to run the Removal Tool in Safe Mode w/network but was not allowed to.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @Boonski,

Greetings from McAfee.

If the computer is not booting up kindly do a power drain by performing the following steps

Turn off the computer
Unplug all the cables from the back of the computer
Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release the power button.
Re connect all the cables to the PC
Turn on the PC by pressing the power button

If issue persists kindly contact our technical support by clicking on the link below

McAfee Chat Support

Regards,
Krishnamanikandan KS

Boonski
Contributor II
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

That didn't work. However I was able to boot using a Window repair disk and open Command Prompt. Giving the command "bcdedit /set {default} safeboot network"" I was able to boot in Safe Mode. Again restarting in Normal Mode the Removal Tool is trying to restart the computer but it never happens. What can I do in Safe Mode to stop the Removal Tool from starting? I tried to run the Removal Tool in Safe Mode w/network but was not allowed to.

Boonski
Contributor II
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Running that command gave me access to the safe mode and enabled me to solve many problems. I did run a program called "Wise Disk Cleaner" and got rid of many redundant files. Maybe that is what returned the computer back to Normal Mode or just restarting, not sure but everything works now.

If the Safe Mode is in a Loop it can be stopped with the command:

bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot

yuvsaha123
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

@Boonski wrote:

Running that command gave me access to the safe mode and enabled me to solve many problems. I did run a program called "Wise Disk Cleaner" and got rid of many redundant files. Maybe that is what returned the computer back to Normal Mode or just restarting, not sure but everything works now. https://myhrkp.online https://flvslogin.online https://pointclickcarecna.online https://theranestlogin.online

If the Safe Mode is in a Loop it can be stopped with the command:

bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot

thanks my issue has been fixed.

Garcia556
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Receiptify for helping.

volkanwashere
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

My question is, how do we remove the antivirus program from all the devices we downloaded it to, that is, when I log in to my accounts, there are 7 devices, how can I delete them?

I use mcafee internet sevurity and it protects 3 devices, but when I log in to my account, my old downloads appear. How can I remove them? I want only 3 devices to remain in my account.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community