cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimWilliams
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Reinstall LiveSafe Requirements

Purchased Dell computer in December 2021.  Included 12 month LiveSafe subscription.  Recently the OS (Windows 11) seems to have gone insane and I will almost certainly have to do an OS reinstall that will wipe out the LiveSafe.

I had mistakenly assumed that my LiveSafe would be registered at the computer's first startup, but I checked and apparently it didn't.  I'll be taking care of that this weekend.  I did manage to find out that I have Version 16.0 R48, and the last update was 8/12/2022.

When I get that OS reinstall done, what else will I need in order to reinstall LiveSafe?

Or will simply completing the registration now be enough?

1 Reply
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 2

Re: Reinstall LiveSafe Requirements

Hi @JimWilliams ,

Post OS reinstallation, there is a possibility of your programs getting wiped out of your PC. You can reinstall McAfee  by following the below article.

How to download and install McAfee consumer products

Best regards,

Kumar

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community