cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phinius
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Real-Time scanning will not start after an update.

After an update to Total Protection popped up an error that real-time scanning cannot start and the system needs to be restarted.  I did that but the problem persists.

It turns out to be the entire scanning service.  When selecting a manual scan (quick or full) the windows is blank.

Doing some research, it turns out that MFEAvSvc.exe (24.2.194.0) is crashing on module rc.dat (1.1.0.10128).

5 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 6

Re: Real-Time scanning will not start after an update.

Hi @Phinius 

Greetings From McAfee.

Please let us know the answers for the below questions.

May I know the McAfee version and windows version?

Could you please share the screenshot of the issue.

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Hari Durairaj

Phinius
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Total Protection 16.0 R31

Windows 7

I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  I used the steps detailed from the 'Find out how to fix this' link.  The preinstall tool did find an issue with the MS C++ 2010 redistributable but said it was fixed and that installation could continue.

After reinstalling, everything worked like normal until it completed an update.  I was able to start a Full Scan and it was progressing until interrupted after the update.  At that point I have the same results.

Phinius
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Added screenshot from Event Viewer.

Phinius
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

@Hari_durairaj 

Is there anything else you need to know?

Hari_durairaj
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Phinius 

Greetings From McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

McAfee is aware of the issue and working towards the resolution. We will keep you update once the issue gets resolved.

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911)US.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Hari Durairaj

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community