Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MP81
Contributor II
Message 1 of 8

LiveSafe installer on Mac OS Ventura crashes

Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro with M1 chip and when I had Monterey OS I installed LiveSafe v4.11.2.0 (with some difficulties). Recently I updated the OS to Ventura 13.1 but I noticed that the app is very unstable. Obviously I already have Rosetta 2 installed and I've already read the knowledge base of McAfee but nothing really help.

I wanted to try to reinstall LiveSafe so I downloaded the installer but when I launch it after a 2 seconds it shuts without any error. I found another post in the community in which this issue is reported but I haven't seen any proposed solution.

I must say I'm getting annoyed by this situation, it's been a couple of years since Apple release M1 chip, all major softwares now supports M1 chip natively and McAfee still remains in the cave ages despite customers pay for their subscription.

Hey McAfee wake up and give your customers a good product for Mac M1.

If anyone has a solution/workaround on how to get the McAfee LiveSafe installer working on Mac OS Ventura 13.1, please reply in this post.

Thanks,

MP

7 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 8

Re: LiveSafe installer on Mac OS Ventura crashes

Hi @MP81 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly check the private message for further details.

Regards,
Venkat

LY
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I have the same problem. If you have a solution, I need it also.

MP81
Contributor II
Message 4 of 8

All Mac M1 users have the same problem and since Intel has a big ownership on McAfee I doubt that they'll release an official native support on M1 chip since it's their biggest competitor.

I think the only solution is to move to a different provider which support M1 natively. I give McAfee another year to release an M1 version of their software. I think the community has been too patient to wait for a proper solution instead of trying a few hacks that might work sometime but most of the time the software is unstable.

HSL2007
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Hello there,

I'm having the same issues with the M2 MacBook. Any help to solve it  ?

scorpion3367
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

I am experiencing the same issue with the MacInstaller crashing immediately after entering the password. Please reply back with a workaround solution at your earliest convenience.

Thanks in advance.

JCGarcia51
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Same problem here... no solution yet?!

CPDesign
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I'm having the exact same issue with a 2017 iMac with latest  Ventura 13.4 OS version

I used to have the software installed before the upgrade and never had any issue, but now everytime i click on the installer it will pop for 2 seconds and then disappear without reporting any error message.

Anyone came up with a solution?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community