Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jw1739
Contributor III
Message 1 of 5

LiveSafe Updates

Jump to solution

I've had my subscription for two years now, and updates set on "Automatic" until now. I've just changed to "Download updates but notify me before installing."

What puzzles me is that my Dell laptop tells me that the version of LiveSafe I have is 29. What version should I have? I can't find a log of updates, so I have no way of knowing how often the software is updated, if ever.

Why doesn't the Home screen show this detailed information?

In summary, I have no way of knowing whether I am getting the service I am paying for.

I would like a prompt answer please. Thank you.

jw

Melbourne, Australia

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jw1739
Contributor III
Message 5 of 5

Re: LiveSafe Updates

Jump to solution

I am pleased to report that I contacted McAfee's 24/7 technical support yesterday afternoon and received excellent service.

It was confirmed that I had outdated LiveSafe software on my Dell laptop. The technician uninstalled that software and then installed the latest version, and I can report that this morning it all appears to be working as it should according to my settings.

Thank you.

Noel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @jw1739 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Kindly help us in sharing below details to assist you better,

1. OS version
  2. Is windows up to date
  3. Screenshot of McAfee version details

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

jw1739
Contributor III
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

I'm using Windows 10 and it is up-to-date.

The screenshot is attached. It clearly says that the version is 16 and the release name is 16.0.R29 and underneath there is a long list of components the majority of which were last updated 11/12/2020 (U.S. date format I presume).

By the look of it I have been paying for protection that I have not received.

I'm elderly and not tech-savvy.

Please assist me on an immediate basis.

Thank you,

jw

Sudharsanam_G1
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @jw1739 

Greetings from McAfee!

I have sent a personal message. Kindly revert back with the requested details to assist you further.

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

jw1739
Contributor III
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

I am pleased to report that I contacted McAfee's 24/7 technical support yesterday afternoon and received excellent service.

It was confirmed that I had outdated LiveSafe software on my Dell laptop. The technician uninstalled that software and then installed the latest version, and I can report that this morning it all appears to be working as it should according to my settings.

Thank you.

Noel

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community