cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon_Quarmby
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

How to stop unwanted Windows Notification Area pop-ups (eg your December Report is ready)

Every few days and at month end I get McAfee pop-ups in the bottom right corner of my screen when I boot the PC (Windows 11).

These cover a significant part of the screen; even though they have an X in the top-right and a button 'view this report' or similar, they cannot be cancelled. They persist for 4-5 minutes before disappearing. During this time, I cannot access content in that corner (eg in Excel).

I am not interested in seeing boastful reports on what happened in December or how many connections was blocked last week. I want to be able to work on the entire screen of my laptop rather than having part of it shuttered off for several minutes.

I've looked in the desktop app settings > general settings and alerts > informational alerts (and other sub-menus) but it appears that the only things I can switch off are actual alerts relating to protection. This dross cannot be switched off. (This seems to be the wrong priority!)

Is there any way to switch off these unnecessary, intrusive and screen-hogging reports that have no direct connection to the protection service I purchased the software for?

Thanks, Simon

3 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to stop unwanted Windows Notification Area pop-ups (eg your December Report is ready)

Hi @Simon_Quarmby,

Greetings from McAfee.

Kindly follow the steps in the below mentioned knowledge article by clicking on the below to stop unwanted notifications.

unwanted Windows Notification Area pop-ups

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

Nottodaysatan
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

Re: How to stop unwanted Windows Notification Area pop-ups (eg your December Report is ready)

Deselecting Information Alerts under general settings DOES NOT WORK.  Neither does turning off browser notifications for McAfee or even for all sites in all of my browsers.  I also deactivated all notifications at the Windows 11 level.  The popups to the task bar notification area still appear and they are unclickable so I can't close them.  Also, these aren't "fake" alerts.  They are McAfee alerts that tell me VPN is connected and other needless things.

How do I shut these things off?  They make using the product unbearable.  There has to be a service I can kill right?  Right, McAfee?

uninstallornot
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community