cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken1921
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

How to keep McAfee LiveSafe running on Windows 7

LiveSafe recently installed an update on my Windows 7 computer, and now a process named McCSPServiceHost.exe launches every couple of minutes, grabs 100% of CPU time, fills up all available memory, and eventually gets suspended. It makes my computer almost unusable. McAfee telephone help and chat help both told me only that "Windows 7 is no longer supported." But I need to keep this old computer running.

I understand that it may be possible to stay with McAfee version R31 and still use McAfee under Windows 7, getting regular virus updates but no "feature updates." How do I do that?

2 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to keep McAfee LiveSafe running on Windows 7

Hi @Ken1921 

Greetings From McAfee!!

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. McAfee support for McAfee products running on Windows 8.0 or 7.x is limited/Not supported only. Hence we are recommending to upgrade your PC's operating system to a newer version as soon as possible.

Alternatively, you can reach consumer support from below link.

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Ken1921
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to keep McAfee LiveSafe running on Windows 7

I regularly use software that runs properly only on Windows 7. I have another computer that is running Windows 10, but I need to keep the Windows 7 computer working also.

Can you simply tell me how to shut down the McCSPServiceHost.exe process? If I did that it would solve my problem. Access is denied when I try to suspend of kill the process or delete or rename the file.

Otherwise I will have to remove McAfee and use a different security program.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community