cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starless
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Does Total Protection really comes with VPN?

I have Total Protection on annual renewal. There's the VPN option here. When I try to activate it, I get an error. I don't know what the error text is because whenever I get the error, I lose access to the internet until I reset my computer with the option to reset its network connection. Basically, it just says it couldn't connect to the VPN, and then I'm out of internet.

I'm tired of this. I cancelled by subscription to another VPN service (it was one that doesn't log my user information, like McAfee does, but whatever. As long as it's just for legal reasons I'm fine with it, and I trust a Cyber Security Service Provider like McAfee won't get hacked and has its users' info leaked. Hey, I'm an optimistic guy).

Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1 Build 19043.1348

2 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Does Total Protection really comes with VPN?

Hi @Starless 

Thanks for letting us know. If possible screenshot of the error and what is the current McAfee version installed on the device to help you further resolving this query. 

Regards

Magesh J

Starless
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Does Total Protection really comes with VPN?

Can't take a screenshot of the error right now because, as previously mentioned, trying to connect to the VPN causes my internet to shut down, and I can't afford that at the moment. Here's a screencap of the "about" page in total protection:

McAfee Version 2021-12-17.png

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community