Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jangro
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Dark Web Shows Breach But Can't Open Protection Center

Jump to solution

I've received several notifications that there are security breaches from the Dark Web but when I go to my Protection Services, I am unable to log in to see the report. I get an error that says "It's not you, it's us. Try again later." I've contacted support and they have been unable to help. I've updated EVERYTHING possible on my computer, tried different browsers, uninstalled and reinstalled Live Safe, etc., but still can't access the information. What do I try next?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
krishna55
Message 2 of 5

Re: Dark Web Shows Breach But Can't Open Protection Center

Jump to solution

Hi @jangro,

Greetings from McAfee.

To find out the details of the security breaches please login to protection.mcafee.com using your McAfee username and password.

For more information on protection center click on the link below

Protection Center

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @jangro,

Greetings from McAfee.

To find out the details of the security breaches please login to protection.mcafee.com using your McAfee username and password.

For more information on protection center click on the link below

Protection Center

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

jangro
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

I guess you didn't understand my issue. I CANNOT LOG IN TO THE PROTECTION CENTER. So, your "solution" to my problem, to log in to the protection center, is ludicrous! I have contacted tech support via phone on 10/8/22, 12/3/22 and 12/13/22, being told on each occasion that my ticket 1-120463371 was escalated to Team 2.5 tech support and I would be hearing from someone within 24, 48 and/or 72 hours. As of today, 12/23/22, I have heard from NO ONE, and still can't access the protection center. So, what do I have to do to get a response?

Edward_Franso
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @jangro 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you regarding the Protection Center.

Regards,
Edward Franso

AnnoyedKelly
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Ugh.. so was that supposed to help the rest of us that are experiencing the same issue? That is not an 'answer' for anyone needing support to find out what "breach" I am being told has happened. Has McAfee always had this kind of non-service support?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community