cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThomasWeilacher
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Constantly i have to re-install McAfee and McAfee says my ABO is valid for 0 days (which is wrong)

Hello,,
let me try to explain my problems. I am working in the IT and i am not a "Rookie".
Livesafe is installed on several devices: a Desktop, Laptops, Smartphones,.... i am using McAfee for at least for more than 10 years.

My ABO expires in 2024, but almost every day McAfee tells me that my ABO expires on my Desktop and on one of my Laptops. 0 days remaining (and there is a hint which points to something like "invalid date" - but the invalid date is not on my side. I did everything possible as far as i know (I re-installed up to 10 times now). Now, strangely, in german it is called "Sicherheitsverlauf" in the firewall, it stays simply empty/blank. This is as good as impossible, on both, Desktop (WIN 8.1) and Laptop (WIN 10).

Another problem i have is: sometimes the message window (in the corner on the right down) stays also blank and after some time some weird message is written inside. As long as this windows is open and white (which can take up to 10 mins), the application is blocked of course and i cannot do anything.

I also don't understand why suddenly i do not have access to my protection score anymore.
Am I losing more and more functionalities because i do not use the automatic extension of the abonnements? Am i kind of forced to extend automatically?

The functionality "Abonnement überprüfen" always says everything is OK.
Sorry, i know i wrote a lot, but something really must be wrong here. In the meanwhile i have dozens of devices in my account of which many don't even exist anymore (in the section called "Mein Heimnetzwerk" but also in my account via the web. Do you know if somebody can clean this - this for sure needs some cleaning. But Re-installing once a week cannot be my solution. Thanks a lot for your patience and input. The problem is that there are multiple issues at once.
Please excuse me, this is my first post in this forum - possibly it is a little bit too much and too long, but maybe somebody has/had the same or one or the other symptom. Thank you very much in any case!, Thomas

4 Replies
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 5

Re: Constantly i have to re-install McAfee and McAfee says my ABO is valid for 0 days (which is wron

Hi @ThomasWeilacher ,

i have sent a private message , please respond back with the required details to help you further for resolving your query

Regards

Nagesh G

ThomasWeilacher
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: Constantly i have to re-install McAfee and McAfee says my ABO is valid for 0 days (which is wron

Hi Nagesh,

as per your private email message request:

Phone number : +49 176 212 460 81
Time Zone : CET
Convenient Time :Except Tuesday and Friday i am available all day long working in my home office. Means: Daily between 10 AM until 05 PM CET (GMT +1).
Tuesday and Friday i will not be reachable during a break between 11 AM and 2 PM.

Thanks a lot for your help and my best regards,
Thomas

ThomasWeilacher
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

i found out the McAfee client on my WIN 10 Laptop says "Invalid date" - something must be wrong with alignment between the dates. Do you have any idea? Will check BiOS date and other dates.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

hello,

i noticed you have answered with private details in your previous answer.

i recommend strongly not to publish such info on a public forum.

the mcafee moderator has sent a private message (pm).

to access you have to login to this community/forum.

on the top right corner you see your username. next to it there should be a mail/envelop icon.

if you click on this the private message will appear.

if you can click on the subject line to open the message and below you can click reply and sent answer to the messenger.

hope you can remove your private info from your previous answer to prevent phising ect.

greetings

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community