cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maverik
Contributor II
Message 11 of 45

Re: Alert viewer not responding and Chromium Container Delegate causing 100% usage

Jump to solution

This appears to have been caused by a Windows 10 or McAfee update which does not fully integrate through their update process on current installs, which then causes McAfee Chromium Delegate to suck more and more memory as the Alert Viewer is stuck on either a white window or a garbled text display.  The longer the computer is on, the more memory is used until it grounds almost to a halt, depending on your core memory capacity, so action is needed swiftly when the computer is switched on. If task manager is viewed, the memory drain can be seen climbing up the longer the computer is on. I had this on two computers and solved it as follows.

Restart your computer and as quick as possible log in to your mcafee account and locate your subscription and download the software again. This is an installation file which runs the installation for you. If by the time the installation file is downloaded, your computer has slowed down too much, then restart the computer, locate the installation file in file explorer : downloads and double click the installation file. It may take some time as whilst the installation is taking place, the computer will slow as the bug drains memory.

This worked on both computers and the problem did not reoccur. This issue raises a question around the current stability of the McAfee product in a windows environment. Will look forward to seeing official comment from McAfee.

Kazimierz
Contributor II
Message 12 of 45

Re: Alert viewer not responding and Chromium Container Delegate causing 100% usage

Jump to solution

I have Windows 11 and the same problem has been pissing me off for a fortnight. Re-installing doesn't solve the problem.

Kazimierz
Contributor II
Message 13 of 45

Jump to solution

McAfee? Are you there guys? Action needed here.

endorphin
Contributor II
Message 14 of 45

Jump to solution

I am thinking the same. They are not addressing the problem. Maybe it is time to move over to a different virus protection provider.

felrenno
Contributor II
Message 15 of 45

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. There are several complaints on the same subject.

As a product user, as well as other users who are describing the same situation, I request an effective solution to the problem.

That an update be made available by McAfee in view of the impossibility of using the antivirus.

In my specific case, it is very important to block programs from accessing the internet, so Alert Viewer becomes an essential item in my workflow and I need its full operation.

It's no use reinstalling the program (when I do it the inconvenience is even greater, because I need to reconfigure all the internet connections for my programs inside the Firewall). The error is within the program's own source code. Notebook battery life was cut in half in simple operations.

Please, I need a definitive solution, as do all other users, otherwise I will be forced to cancel my subscription and switch to an application from your competitors.

JHubble
Contributor
Message 16 of 45

Jump to solution

This happens to me when Microsoft Edge updates itself and reboots.  The only way I can get this error to stop is to uninstall and reinstall MIS every time i update edge. Chromium Container will consume all 64GB of my RAM until I reboot my system to get this to stop and avoid any apps (Edge or Firefox so far) that may trigger this event.  Chrome updates do not seem to trigger this event on my Win11 Pro with all up-to-date programs and Microsoft updates.

Douglas2
Contributor
Message 17 of 45

Jump to solution

This is a reason I will not renew my McAfee license. If put my firewall in the Stealth Mode, this F*ck*ng Chromium eat all the memory avaliable!

macafeetroubles
Contributor III
Message 18 of 45

Jump to solution

So If I take it out of Stealth mode will McAfee run?

No more Chromium spinning up my CPU to 100%?

and will Alert viewer work?

Stealth and Traffic control are two different fictions.

I have done all the other steps reboot, uninstall reinstall. So????

I need to control the apps or software accessing the internet, I travel a lot and many times if my apps access from out side my country they lock me out, One famous one even uninstalled itself, (not Adobe) but customer support for Adobe is great! However you need all your supporting data plus machine name and even once they asked for my location.(I guess my IP when I installed it. ) I did without for a few weeks.

michael_jakarta
Contributor
Message 19 of 45

Jump to solution

Please fix this issue immediately. I need the "Ask me to decide program that can access internet". If this issue not fixed by 31JUL2022. I will change my antivirus to Trend Micro or else.

Venkat_YM
Message 20 of 45

Jump to solution

Hi @michael_jakarta 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We are working towards the resolution and will update you once the issue got fixed. Please perform the below steps for the other query which you would like to receive alerts before a program connects internet.

• Open McAfee application
  • Click settings gear icon which can be seen at the bottom left corner of the UI
  • Click General settings->Information alerts
  • check-> A program is allowed to connect the internet

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911)US.

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community