Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gel1234
Contributor II
Message 1 of 4

Addressing Breaches

Jump to solution

McAfee has reported that my email and password for certain websites have been breached.

I clicked on the Address button.  

I then clicked on the website URL, logged in, and updated my password.  

However, I can't seem to get the breach removed from the New Breaches list.  I would like to be able to clear breaches from the list that I have addressed, but can't seem to find a way to do that.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gel1234
Contributor II
Message 4 of 4

Re: Addressing Breaches

Jump to solution

We were using TeamViewer to look at my breaches, and it would only scroll so far.

Today, looking at it directly from my computer, I was able to scroll further down and find the Archive button, which is exactly what I needed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @gel1234 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Kindly refer the below article for the details to address breaches.

What to do if your data is stolen in an identity breach

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

gel1234
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

My issue isn't with the breach itself, as I have already addressed that.

My issue is with the McAfee Total Protection software.  It takes me to a website to show me my breaches.  It has an Address button.  I click on the Address button, but it doesn't give me away to say that I have addressed it, so that I can get rid of the reported breach in the New Breaches list.

I need to clean the list out of the ones I have addressed, so that I can tell when I get new breaches.

gel1234
Contributor II
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

We were using TeamViewer to look at my breaches, and it would only scroll so far.

Today, looking at it directly from my computer, I was able to scroll further down and find the Archive button, which is exactly what I needed.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community