Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jes2009
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

data breaches

Jump to solution

Using Web Advisor to change passwords following data breaches but I am seeing several sites listed for which I do not have, and never knowingly have had, an account with. How come and what should I do?

Tx

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 8

Re: data breaches

Jump to solution

Hi @jes2009 ,

Regards from mcafee. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have sent a private message, Please do respond.

Thanks and regards,

Kumar

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @jes2009 ,

Regards from mcafee. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have sent a private message, Please do respond.

Thanks and regards,

Kumar

jes2009
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

so the only way to get rid of it from the "New Breaches" list is to say I've dealt with it so it moves into "addressed breaches"?

Kumar_suman
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @jes2009 

Yes, we request you to mark the alert as addressed breaches. Please provide the requested information in private message if you would like to investigate it further.

Regards

Kumar

jes2009
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

where is private msge?

jes2009
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

I found it it is the mail icon

Califia48
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Well, I got a new data breach that indicates it was from a cellular subscriber data.  Does that mean they got it from my provider or that it just came off my phone?  I have found that though I have VPN protection it seldom stays on or presumably comes on to tell me anything.  Always says I'm fine and yet that breach happened two days ago.  Also, they list other breaches from two years ago which I have seen before.  Thing is that they are so old, though someone is still using one of them, that I don't have the password anymore so I can't change them.  All the sites are ones I haven't used in years.  So, what do we do then.  I tried to go into one of them to change the password anyway and never got a reply to do so.  Any info anyone got from those old ones will have information that has changed except for my name.

SavedbyAV
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Same problem. Only data breaches are to sites I've never used before. Can't change the password if I don't know what the password is to begin with.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community