cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anur115
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Warning: Suspicious Site

The McAfee Site Advisor has been giving recently warning of suspicious site for www.devant.no .
Can the mods check for this and please let me know the exact reason for the warning,its highly embarrasing for us,please someone check for this at the earliest..

Regards

Anur

3 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Warning: Suspicious Site

http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/domain/default.aspx?domain=www.devant.no

TrustedSource has altered the SiteAdvisor rating to Medium Risk for your site and gives the reason as "Spam URLs". So links to your site have been detected in emails classed as Spam.

According to Sucuri the site is running an out-of-date version of WordPress, which leaves it vulnerable to hacking -

http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/www.devant.no

See "McAfee SiteAdvisor Site Rating Explanation + Appeal Process" for details of how to contact TrustedSource.

anur115
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

I have got in touch with Trusted source but there is absolutely no response from their sire other than the automated mail,we dont generate any spam mails ,we are reputed web development company ,even sucuri shows that only McAfee siteadvisor has black listed us,Im quite sure that this has been wrongly flagged suspicious site,please help me to get this back at the earliest...

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

If you've sent a report to TrustedSource there's nothing more I can do. My analysis of the cause of the site rating was based on what I could find out, which wasn't much. TrustedSource will have more information. I don't know how long they take to reply, but it could be several days.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community