Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilF
Contributor III
Message 1 of 9

SiteAdvisor 3.4 and NoScript extension

Jump to solution

I have downloaded the newest version of SiteAdvisor, and have determined that for me, there is a conflict with NoScript (ver 2.1.2.6rc8, running XPPro and FF 5.0)

I am experiencing continual javascript application error pop-ups:

As soon as No Script is disabled, no more errors.

(Allowing scripts globally does not have any effect.)

Exc in EVhandl: TypeError: this.annotatePage is not a function

Exc in EVhandl: Error: Bad NPObject as private data!

I am hoping that this can be resolved by a simple setting in No Script, and that someone can advise me on this.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhilF
Contributor III
Message 8 of 9

Re: SiteAdvisor 3.4 and NoScript extension

Jump to solution

Problem solved....

I had been using an old add on by forcing compatiblity - Organize Status Bar

Disabled this and no more pop ups.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
miguelgrado
Contributor III
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

same happens with extension imtranslator

El mensaje fue editado por: miguelgrado on 13/08/11 17:05:10 CDT
Forospyware Warrior
jmckee
Contributor III
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Saw some Java errors as well. Tried to disable SA in FF - the errors were more frequent. Tried also to choose not to view the Add-On bar at the bottom (where SA shows) and while it worked for that FF window , the next time FF was opened , it was back.

Also , there is a noticeable slow down in system response times when Secure Search is checked to be active.

The 3.4 version was installed Friday. So far , all sites ahow as a gray indicator in SA. Why?

Message was edited by: jmckee on 8/13/11 7:48:32 PM EDT
PhilF
Contributor III
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Looks like this may be a conflict with a combination of Firefox extensions:

Adblock Plus

NoScript

Taco w/ Abine

pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpg

I need to disable all three of these (or just Site Advisor) to eliminate these JavaScript errors.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

I now have FF5 and SA 3.4 in two accounts and I'm getting no pop-ups : I also have the latest version of NoScript installed. Try disabling the other two and see if they go away. If this is a repeatable problem you should probably post something about it over on the Mozilla forum and/or on the website of the add-on provider(s).

Message was edited by: Hayton on 15/08/11 02:40:48 IST
PhilF
Contributor III
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

Hopefully this is your opinion rather than MacAfee's official position!  The fact that you are not experiencing any issues does not mean that there are none.  I have the same problem on  two different computers...one running Windows XP Pro, and the other on Windows 7.  Clearly there is a conflict with SA and several of my other add-ons, as it works fine with the add-ons mentioned in my previous post disabled.  The bottom line is that I had a perfectly functioning browser until installing MSA (which claims to be now compatible with FF5).  As soon as MSA is disabled, all is well again.  I do not agree with your seemingly 'not our problem' attitude.  I can disable the one MSA add-on, or three other add-ons that I have been using.  No issues at all with WOT, which I am now using instead of MSA.  Not my first choice, but I see no other option at this time.  FYI, I had also posted this on Mozilla and NoScript forums, but do feel that it is MacAfee's responsibility to make itself fully compatible.  I had included pics of the actual pop-ups that I am receiving, hoping that it may help someone diagnose the problem.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

What I posted was certainly not "McAfee's official position". I'm not saying there isn't a problem, but I am pointing out that it's not a universal problem, and if the latest versions of NoScript, SiteAdvisor and Firefox work together on my XP setup then the problem is likely to be configuration-specific. I advised disabling each of the other two add-ons in turn as an experiment to see if the error messages disappeared, which is pretty much the advice that Mozilla gives. And you have certainly done the right thing in notifying the problem to Mozilla and NoScript.

PhilF
Contributor III
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Problem solved....

I had been using an old add on by forcing compatiblity - Organize Status Bar

Disabled this and no more pop ups.

miguelgrado
Contributor III
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

I have adblock and imtraslator but if I deactivate adblock on having initiated imtranslator he proves to be pop ups.only they disappear if I deactivate msa

Forospyware Warrior
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community