cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_153650
Former Member
Message 121 of 134

Re: Site Advisor browser button is always gray?

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply, okv.

I noticed that all the other elements of Anti-Virus Plus had updates today.  Hopefully you'll have an update for us soon.

Message was edited by: 'LizBeth on 4/2/13 10:27:19 PM EDT
dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 122 of 134

Jump to solution

We've analyzed the problem and figured it out.  It took a while because the problem is not with SiteAdvisor, but with a VirusScan Core component which is blocking SiteAdvisor.  We've filed a bug with the VS Core team. 

At this point, I can't give you an ETA because the VS Core team has to evaluate their code, figure out the best way to fix it and then get it scheduled for fixing, testing and release.  I'll update you when I get any proposed release date..

user_153650
Former Member
Message 123 of 134

Jump to solution

Dougk_t3,

Thank you so much for following up with us!!! So happy to hear that McAfee has finally figured this out, and very much looking forward to the "fix"!

Please continue to keep us posted.

Thank you again,

'LizBeth

courtesy
Former Member
Message 124 of 134

Jump to solution

May 28, 2013. Siteadvisor is finally working with Google Chrome. Chrome has an elaborate way to include third party plugins.

Essentially, I removed siteavisor completely from my computer (Windows XP Pro) downloaded siteadvisor.

Here's the important bit: When download is complete, drag it to Google Extension page.

Message was edited by: courtesy on 5/28/13 8:47:04 AM CDT
user_153650
Former Member
Message 125 of 134

Jump to solution

Thank you for the info courtesy; happy to see that all is well in Google Chrome. 

Unfortunately, this doesn't help us IE users much . . .

s_kate
Former Member
Message 126 of 134

Jump to solution

Hi there,

So...I'm having a similar problem.  I just updated my McAfee antivirus program and although google searches show colour codes for various websites, the site advisor bar on the bottom left of the window is always grey....it's grey right now and I'm even on the McAfee site!    I have tried working with the "options" but I can't seem to figure it out.  Any assistance would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks!

mattlucky
Former Member
Message 127 of 134

Jump to solution

Welcome to the club, Catherine.

We all are having the same problem and are waiting for the solution.

The only thing that works for me is that I leave the internet connection on when I shut down the computer (normaly you would turn it off).

When I start up my pc  the connection tot the internet is being made (automaticaly) during booting. Don't ask me why, but  this works for me (I use IE9 with Windows 7).

It looks like in someway, during booting, SA is making the connection tot the internet and works. If I start up with the connection turnd off, SA is gray and stays that way, also after I make connection to the internet.

Regards, Matthew

Message was edited by: mattlucky on 5/31/13 6:28:55 AM CDT
user_153650
Former Member
Message 128 of 134

Jump to solution

Yep, I'm still having the same problem too, even after the last two SA updates, current one being 5/31 (SA 3.6.1.193).  I'm running Win XP SP3, IE 8, with all updates current.  Hopefully McAfee will find a solution for us soon!    Patience is a virtue, so they say . . .

'LizBeth

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 129 of 134

Jump to solution

Technical Support is free of charge by phone or online chat and available via Useful Links at the top of this page.

If you already have a case going then ask them to escalate it.

However in post 121 above there is a fix in the works. 

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/06/13 10:20:37 EDT AM
user_153650
Former Member
Message 130 of 134

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I am happy to say that Site Advisor is finally working again!    It must have been the latest update (mentioned in post 127 above) and a clean re-boot that did it!  Thank you, McAfee!!!

'LizBeth

Message was edited by: 'LizBeth on 6/2/13 12:05:01 AM EDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community