Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanG1
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Auto shutdown after virus scan is complete

Jump to solution

When I used to do a virus scan in McAfee, it gave me the option of letting the program automatically shutting down my computer after the scan was complete. I liked this feature because I could start the virus scan and go to bed knowing my computer would shut down after the scan was complete. Well, now McAfee no longer offers this option to shut down your computer after the virus scan is complete. Bummer! Does anyone know if McAfee will offer this feature in the future? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rich_Royal
Contributor II
Message 4 of 4

Re: Auto shutdown after virus scan is complete

Jump to solution

I reinstalled using the link generated by the "Add Device" option. The install removes the current version and installs the latest, even if both are the same. I checked for any updates. I now have the "Shut down PC if no threats detected..." option again. Previously it wasn't there. I noticed the option "back" on a new install on another PC so tried this and it seems to have worked.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sivasubramanian
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

@DanG1 

We do not have this feature now and we will take this as a feedback.

Regards
Siva N

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

I already passed this on a month ago that feature will be returned in the next major update due soon I was told. they restored pause option that was missing as well.

Rich_Royal
Contributor II
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

I reinstalled using the link generated by the "Add Device" option. The install removes the current version and installs the latest, even if both are the same. I checked for any updates. I now have the "Shut down PC if no threats detected..." option again. Previously it wasn't there. I noticed the option "back" on a new install on another PC so tried this and it seems to have worked.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community