Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GilbertS
Contributor II
Message 1 of 40

True Key Extension Firefox 81 does not fill in credentials anymore

Hello. 

I Use True Key on Edge Chromium, iPhone 11, Firefox Mozilla 81.0.2 and the Desktop App. Have always worked.

But after i got i notice about Desktop App being retired i uninstalled it. After this the Firefox Extension doesn't work properly anymore. I can open the extension and get credentials there no problem, but it doesn't autofill/give a selection of credentials on sites anymore, so i will have to copy/paste, pretty annoying. I've tried to uninstall the extension, cleared the browser of cache/data, restarted, re-installed the extension, but still problem. Everything works great in Chrome / Edge Chromium and iPhone.

Edit: I can add that the blue True Key icon is still visible in the username/password field, but nothing happens.

Added screenshots of Edge Chromium vs. Mozilla Firefox 81.

What can i do ?

Best regards, 

Gilbert

39 Replies
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 40

Re: True Key Extension Firefox 81 does not fill in credentials anymore

Good morning Gilbert,

I will look into this, by the sound of it, it looks like there is a lack of functionality for certain webpages when you are using the Firefox extension. 

Let me ask you a few questions:

1- Which is your default browser new Edge or Firefox?

2- Have you tested this (besides the example you provided in the screenshot) with other websites?

3- And for those websites you tested that are not working on Firefox, can you confirm that all of them worked as expected with the new Edge or Chrome browsers?

Thanks,

Marc D.

GilbertS
Contributor II
Message 3 of 40

Good morning Marc!

1- Which is your default browser new Edge or Firefox?

Default browser is Edge Chromium.

2- Have you tested this (besides the example you provided in the screenshot) with other websites?

Yes, i have yet to find a page where it works in Firefox (The blue True Key icon shows up to the right in the username and password field, but nothing happens) (worked great when the desktop app was installed)

3- And for those websites you tested that are not working on Firefox, can you confirm that all of them worked as expected with the new Edge or Chrome browsers?

Yes they all work in Edge Chromium and Chrome.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 40

Good morning Gilbert,

I know exactly what the issue is here, in fact this is a bug that is getting worked on and hopefully we will have a fix for it next month or so. I will let you know when the fix is out.

Thanks,

Marc D.

GilbertS
Contributor II
Message 5 of 40

Sounds great Marc, thank's for the reply and have a nice weekend!

Regards,
Gilbert
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 40

Hi Gilbert,

Are you still seeing an instant login using the Firefox True Key extension?

Thanks,

Marc D.

GilbertS
Contributor II
Message 7 of 40

Hello Marc,

Just to be clear, I don't get any login with this issue, the only way for me to login with saved credentials in Firefox is to open the True Key Tab, find the credentials in question, copy the password, then write in the login in the place i want to login and paste the password. Quite inconvinient.
The issue is still there, no instant login, no choice for login.

marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 40

Good morning Gilbert,

Quick question, it is happening for one site that has multiple login credentials (accounts), correct?

Thanks,

Marc D.

GilbertS
Contributor II
Message 9 of 40

It's happening for all sites, both single and multiple login accounts. The only way for me to use True Key in Mozilla right now is to press the True Key icon up next to adressbar and then search for the site and copy the password from there and paste.
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 40

Ok, are you still running Firefox version 81? I am running version 82 which is the last updated version for me, can you which one is your more update to date version?

Thanks,

Marc D.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community