cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to Stop McAfee Notifications/Popups on Windows Desktop?

Jump to solution

@Magesh  Any solution or is this marketing and one is stuck with it

Magesh
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 20

Jump to solution

Hi @Peacekeeper 

Please disable the informational alert option in the UI if McAfee installed in the device. 

Steps :

Open McAfee 

Click gear icon on top left 

Select general settings  and uncheck informational alerts option and check. 

If notifications prompting from browser → Go to browser settings  and  try resetting the browser.

Thanks,

Jump to solution

Mate the user was told about the informational alerts originally by Rajv_s some of  these are Marking popups I would say

Magesh
Message 14 of 20

Jump to solution

Hi @Peacekeeper 

These marking popups may appear from browser as well. Please try the below steps.

Open chrome → click on settings → site settings → view recent activity for accessed sites → diable notification access.

Thanks,

Tn
Level 8
Message 15 of 20

Jump to solution

I'm happy to report that I have discovered the solution to this problem. Note how McAfee starts this process with a lie:

McAfee4.png

Uninstalling McAfee automatically reverts to Windows Defender. Protection never lapses.

McAfee6.png

I would like to thank the McAfee marketing department. Without their offensive disruptions I would have blindly renewed my subscription and never realized that there are many superior security suites available.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Yeah.mcafee settings.JPG...I did that and I still get those stupid alerts.  

Jump to solution

Unsure if this will work as never tried it. Click on your name top right and My settings and subscriptions and notifications and notification settings.

you see

General Settings

Does tagging any these help? Maybe a mod can answer that
blksn8k
Level 7
Message 18 of 20

Jump to solution

I wish I could use ANY of the suggested methods for disabling McAfee pop ads on my Windows 10 PC. My problem is that I do not even have McAfee installed on my computer and have not for several years but for the past few days I have been getting renewal pop ups. I don't want your program and this is just one of the reasons why. How the xxxx do I get rid of your annoying BS if it's not even installed on my PC?

blksn8k
Level 7
Message 19 of 20

Jump to solution

Thanks. I reset permissions to "Block" for Notifications, Pop-ups and redirects, as well as for Ads for a site called "makeklick.biz". That seems to have stopped the McAfee popups. I am not a McAfee subscriber and have not been for years so none of the other solutions were possible for my situation since I do not even have McAfee loaded on my Windows 10 PC. Again, thanks for the suggestion.

bwithnell
Level 7
Message 20 of 20

Jump to solution

The notifications are not from the browser, they are marketing to people that already have (and have subscribed) to McAfee Total Protection (at least in my case).

It is annoying in the extreme. I've been a subscriber to McAfee from *many* years ago. I'm NOT liking the product, and if I can't get this stopped, I'd cancel my auto renewal, find another vendor and go with them. You aren't the only game in town, and if you don't want the cashflow, keep up the stupid marketing to customers. I have seen your ads, and I'm not interested in additional products.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community