Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 23

technical support ??

I have tried resolving yet another Mcafee problem with my new computer.since I was`nt able to recieve help through the forums that i rely on so much.I was forced to go through tech support.

I understand that they don`t have the easiest job,but after going through it quite a few times i try to avoid it like the plague.What are your options when you need to fix a problem with Mcafee?

Last year i had someone go into my computer from mcafee and the computer was dead the next day.Today i get a guy from Mcafee insisting to give him remote access again.Why would i take another gamble like this again?I am steamed about the same answers with the same outcome.I am at a loss for words.I know this problem occured after another bad update and can`t understand how a multi million dollar company can have so many problems.As usual the custumer is left frustrated and Mcafee is left holding the bag(of money).I don`t want to keep hearing we are sooo sorry for your inconvenience.This is all crazy after a while.People try to keep a cool head about the problems,but after a while it`s like a broken record.

Another frustrated customer venting

22 Replies
k3tg
Level 14
Message 2 of 23

Re: technical support ??

Newjack

Your post here does not mention the specific issue you are having. I also understand your frustration(s). Best thing I can recommend is to let them do a remote again and if you don't feel you are being helped, ask that your issue can be escalated. Somer Pyron, Dinz, and Bala monitor these forums and chime in and are employed by McAfee. ExBrit and Peacekeeper are volunteer McAfee moderators. I am just a non McAfee volunteer trying to help. I do know there are a number of different issues they are working on and some of them they are working around the clock to get issues resolved. If I am out of line with this reply to you, I am sure they will chime in and politely correct me, but I assure you they are aware of things and are working to improve them.

Tom K3TG

newjack
Level 12
Message 3 of 23

Thanks for your reply,But i have already made 2 posts on this forum with no answer.So i would assume no one has an answer.But just for the hell of it i will post again.Recently i recieved a Mcafee update.after the update i recieved a pop up saying updates were installed.But it was not the usual pop up i get with my 2009 program.The pop up looked similiar to the new 2010 program.It said i needed to reboot.I assumed ot was the Mcafee update to the new 2010 package.When i rebooted i still had the same 2009 security center,but did`nt think much of it.Since then i noticed when logging in windows says i am not protected and my windows and Mcafee firewall are turned off.I am running windows 7 on a new computer.If you are familiar with 7,there is a flag in the bottom right of task bar called windows action center.Which i have set to show at all times.When i log in the flag does not show up.Since i found that odd i did a search in my computer,opened it & found a big surprise.Mcafee antivirus is turned off,your firewalls are both turned off.But Mcafee says i am fully protected.I am no genius ,but i would bet that my windows action center is correct and i am not protected when logging in.As far as tech support,here are the facts (this applies to my case only) not sure about anyone else.About a year and a half ago i was having problems with an xp i had.When i finally let somebody enter my machine remotely, "so we can fix the problem".The machine never booted again.Did i get any money for my machine ?no.Did i even get any kind of response? no.  After going through the draining expieriance of telling 1 tech person your problem & then having them push it to the next level.Only to see "I am so and so how can i help you today"?Don`t you have all my information already?Well let me connect remotely.I don`t think so thanks anyhow.The worst part is in my opinion Mcafee used to be a superior product.In order to stay on the top you have to be the best all the time.In my opinion Mcafee is making a living on their past reputation and is a shell of what it used to be.

I know this sound bitter,and it is.But when you pay for a product to put on a brand new computer,and you have constant problems.I thnk anyone would be steaming mad.But on the brite side i`m still paid up for 2 more years.Who knows maybe Mcafee will change my mind by then.Any way there is the short version for you.

Jack

k3tg
Level 14
Message 4 of 23

I can certainly understand your frustration(s). Best thing I can recommend is to contact McAfee Customer Relations and see what happens from there.

Good Luck

newjack
Level 12
Message 5 of 23

Capture.JPGTo any one that has an answer please.This is a screenshot of what i have in my Windows action center when logging on.Again this has been since the update.Mcafee says i am protected.But as we can see i am not.MVT says there are no problems.But as we can see there are problems.Is there a solution other then a remote access,which i have had a horrible experiance in the past.Or do i have to roll the dice and hope for the best?                                                                                        Any help appreciated Jack

newjack there could be 101 reasons why it's not registering in Windows Security Center and most of them are Windows issues rather than with the software itself.

Is this a final version of Windows 7 or not?   Did you have any other security software installed?  If so did you completely remove using their removal tools?

This is why in this case contacting Technical Support Chat is your best approach.

newjack
Level 12
Message 7 of 23

Thanks for responding EX-Brit. Just so you know i have had this full version installed for over 3 months.I have never seen this before until i recieved an update from Mcafee that looked to be the new 2010 version.The reason i say this, is a pop up appeared that looked similiar to that interface after updateing.The pop up said i needed to reboot,which i did.After i booted up i saw that i still had 2009.I don`t know why i recieved a differant pop up after updateing Mcafee 2009.But the problems started after this.The only other software that is security related is defender and Malwareantibytes.1 thing i do know is this is a Mcafee problem.I bought this computer brand new a few months back with everything installed.Never had any problems with windows security center.I am very skeptical about remote assistance. As i have had 1 prior major botch up useing this approach through mcafee tech support.I appreciate your help.I guess i have a big decision to make.Ditch the program or roll the dice.                                                          Thanks again Jack

I doubt those other applications would effect it like that so it had to be the update I guess.

You could try uninstalling everything, running the MCPR removal tool under Useful Links above, rebooting and reinstalling.

To protect you during that enable Windows Firewall in Windows Security.

newjack
Level 12
Message 9 of 23

If i installed a differant antivirus for now could i disable the  program or do i have to remove it entirely.By the way i appreciate the alternate advice as i am not up to the remote access adventure.This is what i feel most comfortable with.                                                                         Thanks Jack

You would have to remove McAfee totally in any case.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community