cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CrazyChuck
Former Member
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 31 of 126

Re: Did you speak or chat with a McAfee Consumer Support tech recently? Tell me how it worked out for you.

Thank you Tracy,

Those first steps to solve problems to me are critical and, I'm sure other folks feel the same way. Just knowing some one is on our side helps. Most folks are at the panic state to begin with when they go to support Tech. From there it just seems like it get worse.

Thanks again Tracy.

Rooster
Former Member
Message 32 of 126

Re: Did you speak or chat with a McAfee Consumer Support tech recently? Tell me how it worked out for you.

Had a chat with Mcafee yesterday and about came unglued! I have a service request number 44412445 but I didn't save the chat itself-wish I had! I am having a problem with a search redirect happening that is similar to the Live Antivirus and so contacted chat. After a very short conversation, I was told I should just pay the 89.95 (and repeated it twice as I became more irritated) to have Mcafee techs take out whatever the problem is. I stated I was aggravated that I should pay this additional charge to remove something I sincerely believe is the job of Mcafee to protect me from. The chat agent even went so far as to insinuate that I had gone to some bad site and basically it was my fault! I immediately replied that I am a very careful web surfer and NEVER go to any site not fully approved by the SiteAdvisor-as my blood pressure went thru the roof and I got off the chat before I reached an absolute boiling point! Maybe I am just like everyone else-when these are the responses you get when you are already upset with the problem you are dealing with, it just really doesn't sit well at all.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 33 of 126

Hi ,

It’s generally found that most of the PC users get malware infections unknowingly while Internet browsing. A few moments here and there, a unknown click on a website button have even dragged infections into many computers, and that’s what could have happened in your case. 

May I know whether have you updated the security center and run a full scan with mcafee ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

jwh21236
Former Member
Message 34 of 126

Wow...I thought before this forum was a joke and now I am certain. How do people like me not have a job and you people do. Take a look at half the posts in just this topic and you'll see that half of them aren't even in proper English. I have news for you. Americans are fed up with this crap and it's time we take our country back. When someone has a security issue...I can assure you that if they were able to even find this forum, they were able to run an update and a full scan. Stop treating people like they are morons and fix the problem and you'll get alot further with customer relations.

-A soon to be Symantec Customer.

Rooster
Former Member
Message 35 of 126

Yes, I had already run a Full scan (immediately after the first redirect) before I contacted chat and of course, had run the virtual technician prior to chat also and all my products are present and working fine. I have automatic updates on all my products and have never had any problem in the past. I have had Mcafee running continuously on this computer since I purchased it new 5 years ago. I guess the reason I am so frustrated is that I have always been a loyal customer and now that I have a problem, it's my fault! I must say again-I didn't do anything to cause this and I was extremely angry when the tech tried to blame me rather than admit that maybe there is something out there Mcafee is not up-to-date in protecting against.

CrazyChuck
Former Member
Message 36 of 126

Thank you Dinz I appreciate your appearance on this issue. Wow dealing with anger !

jwh21236
Former Member
Message 37 of 126

I just received this via email from CrazyChuck:

"I apologize to you JWH1236 if I've offended you in any way. Rooster has some big time computer problems with infection and insisted doing the worst things to over come he's problems. I attempted to help him but failed. About Tec support enough is enough McAfee's working on those problems and I wished folks well give McAfee a chance to over come these probles with Tec support."

First of all: Why this was emailed and not posted to the forum I have no idea.

Second of all: It's hard to believe that anyone who speaks English like that can even turn on a computer or better yet has a computer related job within a customer service department of a multi-billion dollar corporation. One might assume that a company whose worth is over 6 billion dollars now would be able to pay a few English speaking employees to run an English speaking forum.

Third of all: Rooster - Your redirect problem is likely common and if you need someone who has real knowledge to help you, feel free to contact me via private message.

Most Important Of All: To The Corporate Officers of McAfee, Inc. AKA Network Associates, Inc. - Hopefully this reaches you and you think about the fact that Americans are facing unprecidented unemployment rates since the Great Depression and will soon no longer stand for the exportation of jobs to save money which has clearly taken place with regards to this and many other tech support divisions of many corporations. I highly suggest you reread this forum topic and think about the things that have been said.

P.S. Notice how in the quote above he couldn't even get my username right. Outsourced Customer Service at it's finest!

CrazyChuck
Former Member
Message 38 of 126

Sorry I'm not on your intellectual level sir.

Asmo
Former Member
Message 39 of 126

Looks like I'm in a minority. I had a good experience. Had a few different problems and they were all solved within an hour or so. I feel like an ass though because I can't remember the person's name. Initials of SC perhaps.

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 40 of 126

Wow, JWH...reduce coffee intake to two cups  ;^).  CrazyChuck is just a private citizen who likes to give and get help via Forums, he's not a McAfee Tech Support agent.  As to our use of folks around the globe for Support, I hear your point...and understand where you're coming from.  I think we all have a little 'isolationist' in us from time to time.  But I will tell you that our Customer Satisfaction rates with the crews out of India and elsewhere are currently at par with the hundreds of Corporate Support people we have working nearshore (in the US).  These are good people.  There will always be those crazy fringe cases where no help was provided...and of course those make the Forum headlines.  But there are literally thousands of folks every day who leave the interaction quietly happy. 

As to Rooster's problem, it sounds like a DNS redirect problem.  This malware symptom can be a real pain.  You can read more about it on this thread:  http://community.mcafee.com/thread/3111

Rooster, if you're saying that you had McAfee installed and it was up-to-date when you got this infection...shoot me a private message.  We'll look into our options.

Message was edited by: tromine on 2/2/10 9:53:20 PM CST
Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community