cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muthulx
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Why couldn't I download Mcafee Total Security from my registered Account?

Mcafee came with my Dell Desktop. I've been using it for past 2 and a half years with no problem. But then accidently, I removed Mcafee from my system 3 days back.. Since it expires only on 27-feb-2013,I logged in to my account and downloaded initial installation details files(which is about 4 MB), But then,  when I ran the .exe file, It was taking forever to download, I mean It was running for more than 6 hours and whenever it reached about 50MB of download( of the total size of 178MB) it simply rolled back to 0Mb and this entire process repeated about 3-4 times( which explains Why I let it run for 6 hours), So then I cancelled the download and contacted Mcafee consumer care for a full refund( since my software got automatically renewed for another year only a week back), I  got a mail assuring me that there'll be a full refund. That's not the problem. I'm pretty sure I'll get my money back.

But Can anyone explain why I was not able to download my software at all? I like Mcafee and I'm not confident with the currently running Microsoft Security Essentials..

I've ordered a CD (hoping that the problem associated with downloading won't be present. But I still have to run the update after installation..)

My internet speed is 256kbps and downloads about 25 KB/s & so yeah ,it's slow.. But it's the case with most places in my country.

& I don't think it has anything to do with Net speed..

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Why couldn't I download Mcafee Total Security from my registered Account?

Sorry you had a bad experience with the downloading of McAfee software.  I can't offer any concrete reason why it happened but can only surmise that for some reason the connection reset itself, which can happen for various reasons.

Yes you will receive a refund as that is part of the terms of sale.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 30/01/12 10:37:09 EST AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community