cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beezer
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

xpsp3res.dll pop up issue

First off, to who ever replies (I hope some one replies) happy Know that I know just enough about computers to get myself in trouble. So if I need to do anything, above and beyond a couple clicks, please give me really detailed instructions. Thanks.

I hope this is the right forum as well...

Here is my problem.

I recently installed McAfee Internet Security 2009.

I really like the program, but am having one annoying problem/issue. I am big into fantasy sports on Yahoo and now every time I go to edit a team when I hit 'Submit' it loads the next page and then I get this pop-up:

--------

SECURITY WARNING:

The current web page is trying to open a site in your Trusted sites list. Do you want to allow this?

Current site: hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com

Trusted site: C:\WINDOWS\systems32\xpsp3res.dll

Yes NO

Warning: allowing this can expose your computer to security risks. If you do not trust the current Web page, choose No.

-----------------

No matter which I choose, yes or no, it still pops up every time I go to a different team page, edit a current roster, or make any changes to my teams. If this happened once everytime I started my computer I would probably be okay with it, but everytime is a bit much and has quickly become annoying.

Any help on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

RE: xpsp3res.dll pop up issue

This sounds more like a Windows issue to me. Go to I.E. Tools/Internet Options/Security set all zones to default but particularly the Trusted Zones, uncheck the item shown in the attached picture and click Apply, then OK and see if that helps.
Beezer
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Thank you, Ex Brit.

That solved my problem.

Much appreciated.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Glad to help.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community