Message 11 of 54

RE: Version

V. 9.15, build 126
earthdragunz
Former Member
Message 12 of 54

hi andy h.,

it will be also helpful if you post all the products and their corresponding versions. Also, were you able to run MVT from http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt? if you did, kindly post the session id here, that way we can check it as well.
texjo
Former Member
Message 13 of 54

You know, this all smacks of "busy work." They keep asking for these nit picking info bits from all of us. I get the feeling that this is a common bug in their software and they are reluctant to admit it. If they have a fix, why dont' they just tell us how? If they don't have one, they should just say so and quit wasting everyone's time.:(

My Security Center is version 9.15. Virus Scan is 13.15. Personal Firewall is 10.15. Site Advisor is 2.9.

Now, please, McAfee or someone -- how do I stop the infernal "verify subscription" requests???
texjo
Former Member
Message 14 of 54

I just tried to install MVT. At the end of the process all I got was a blank screen. Now what?:confused:
Peacekeeper
Message 15 of 54

It can install a MSI file on the desktop run that then check in the start programs mcafee path statement and run it.

Alternatively check in the start programs etc path and run it.
texjo
Former Member
Message 16 of 54

I found the MVT program as Peacekeeper directed. I ran it.

No problems found. Session ID 20226746
user_71929
Former Member
Message 17 of 54

This is really one pain in the butt

I appreciate the efforts of the forum volunteers (I'm a volunteer mod on a site also) and would like for you to pass this info on to the folks that get paid to deal with these issues.

I'm still getting the annoying requests to verify my subscription to maintain my protection.

I'm starting to think it would be easier to just verify my subscription daily until the day it expires, rather than try to solve this problem, and then just get AVAST or some other free AV program. This kind of hassle is pushing me to make the switch to Linux or a Mac.

here's the info you requested:

Security Center Build 9.15.126
Virus Scan Build 13.15.101
Personal Firewall Build 10.15.102
Site Advisor Build3.0.1.147

When I try to start Virtual Technician, I get the message:

Multiple instances of McAfee Virtual Technician are not supported. McAfee Virtual Technician is already runnign on this machine.

Even though I'm not running Virtual Tech. to my knowledge (its not listed in Task Manager Processes). When I click on "finish" I get taken to this page:
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQSearch.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1.

Can you please help solve the problem of daily requests to verify subscription?
Peacekeeper
Message 18 of 54

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100762&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777216&turl...

This has some thoughts though I really I prefer a full uninstall reinstall as they mention at the end of the article.

Re the mvt no idea though did see that a year back and forgot what was the cause

Will point the admin here as well
Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 54

Admin says definately follow the uninstall reinstall path. use the mcpr removal tool in my sig and that document above
user_71929
Former Member
Message 20 of 54

OK. I've checked out the referenced provided, now would like to know where I should get the reinstall files for the most up-to-date version. This is not mentioned in any of the references given.

This is total crap that McAfee relies on volunteers in a web forum to provide me the tech support for a product I have paid for. This method of tech support has wasted much of my time and has even worsened my opinion of McAfee. This is what I'd expect of a freeware application but not one that I've paid for a license for. Wow - McAfee brings customer tech support to new lows.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community