cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mollyh
Former Member
Message 1 of 153

"Your Computer is Not Fully Protected" message

I have McAfee Security Center 9.3 and it is up-to-date. At random times I get a message that "Your Computer is not fully protected." I then click on fix and everthing is fine again (I presume!).

What is causing McAfee to turn itself off? It's not anything I am doing. Is it a virus?
152 Replies
Jubo
Contributor III
Message 2 of 153

RE: "Your Computer is Not Fully Protected" message

Moved your post to a more appropriate forum...

Try to reinstall according to these instructions in this document: How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products ...

Let us know how it goes...

Also check if your Windows version is up-to-date at: Windows Update.
DJBOOBY
Former Member
Message 3 of 153

i also have same problem has anyone found a fix to "you are not protected" popping up all the time
kirks
Former Member
Message 4 of 153

I'm having the same problem also. I have already used MCPR.exe to completely remove all McAfee products and reinstall with Chat support help but it only solved the problem for a few hours. This problem is occuring on both of my PCs and has been getting worse and more frequent over the last few weeks! I'm really getting frustrated with it and am considering removing it and installing another brand on both of my computers!

I have to leave my main computer running during the day when I leave the house only to find that it's been in an unprotected state for hours when I get home! What's the use of having antivirus software if it isn't protecting your computer!

I've used McAfee for years without any trouble but this is extremely annoying!
user_128380
Former Member
Message 5 of 153

Not Fully Protected - Pop-Up

I have recently started getting this pop-up on 2 different cpu's. MVT does not fix the issue. Given the number of posts on this issue over the last few days makes me think it must be related to McAfee Total Protection.

I wish someone would come up with a fix for this real soon....
dburd48778
Former Member
Message 6 of 153

RE: Not Fully Protected - Pop-Up

Same problem, everyday I come home and it's this same "Your computer is not fully protected" BS. blah blah blah How about mcafee develops a scanner that scans their programs and actually knows what's wrong... The virtual technician is worthless. Took screen shots of both the "Your computer is not fully protected" error and the virtual tech report, but apparently you can't load images here with out hosting them somewhere... wtf? Fix this trash.
marke
Former Member
Message 7 of 153

same for me too - I'm at my wits end. Someone must have a solution. Been using McAfee for ages with no problems and as a techno no brain I have no idea how damaging this could prove to be. Anyway I'll come back here on a regular basis with fingers crossed...
mededitor
Contributor
Message 8 of 153

I found that nothing fixed this problem---not complete uninstalls, reinstalls, installing "special" files, renaming files, etc., etc.

The only true fix I found was to do a complete uninstall of McAfee Security Center 2009 and install Symantec's Norton AntiVirus 2010. Voile, no error messages, consistent protection, and no spending a lot of time tinkering with things to get them to work as they're supposed to work (and still not having them work right). As far as I'm concerned, McAfee has gone down the tubes as far as product and official tech support (although the volunteers here truly try their best to help).

I've posted this on a couple of threads because so many of us are experiencing the exact same problem with no "official" response or fix from McAfee. I think that's unacceptable, I paid to have computer protection and it isn't being provided as advertised by McAfee. I won't risk the security of my PC or laptop, it's not worth the price of the unused subscription.

I highly suggest this "fix," it saves a world of headaches!
dburd48778
Former Member
Message 9 of 153

still the same here did full reinstall, was fine for about a day then right back to it shutting down at least two times a day.
ozzymoto
Former Member
Message 10 of 153

I'm having the same issue...

I'm getting a bunch of these errors in the System log (mcshield.exe process is terminating itself):

Event Type: Error
Event Source: McLogEvent
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5051
Date: 9/21/2009
Time: 5:26:06 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: ####
Description:
A thread in process C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\McShield.exe took longer than 90000 ms to complete a request.
The process will be terminated. Thread id : 3124 (0xc34)
Thread address : 0x7C90E514
Thread message :

Build VSCORE.14.0.0.349 / 5301.4018
Object being scanned = \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Documents and Settings\###\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\362C.tmp
by C:\Documents and Settings\###\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
4(1968)(0)
4(1859)(0)
7200(1328)(0)
7595(1328)(0)
7005(953)(0)
7004(953)(0)
5006(890)(0)
5004(890)(0)
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community