cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

question about citrix

I was looking around my computer today and noticed a few items from citrix on there.I know what citrix is used for.But can anyone tell me why those files would be modified as recentely as today.I have not used system support for months.Here is a screen shot.

Thanks newjack

6 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Re: question about citrix

Anyone know about this??

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

One quick question. Are you able to see the GoToAssist program listed in your Add/Rem?

newjack
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

No aldrin.IT is not there.

newjack
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Hi Aldrin,Still waiting on an answer as to why i would have citrix modified items on my computer.I know McAfee uses citrix to remotely enter computers.Normally with the users consent,I suspect.Here are some of the latest items i have that have been modified again.These items have since been modified since my last post.Very interesting images below.Can some one please tell me what is going on here?? Again,I have not used Citrix since November.When Somer helped me with a false possitive.                                                                                  Thanks newjack

Message was edited by: newjack on 1/25/11 10:53:13 PM EST

Message was edited by: newjack on 1/25/11 10:58:01 PM EST
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Citrix client is something similar to Microsoft remote desktop tool (if you are familiar with that).  Since citrix was installed as an application in your computer those application related files will still be there on your computer and would try to connect to its servers whenever an update is available and that the reason for the recent file modification.

However, you can safely uninstall those folders manually from your computer, it would be under C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\. If required, at any point of time we can easily reinstall them back in case if require any remote assistance in future.

newjack
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

Have you looked at the image below in my last post?Also what server is it trying to connecting to?There is no application.That does`nt really make sense to me.Also when a Mcafee customer does a remote session.Do we not have to OK the citrix application?                                                                      Thanks newjack            

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community