Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daoud
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

problem installation of McAfee Total Protection

Jump to solution

Could someone help w/a problem I having concerning installation of McAfee Total Protection.  Please refer to the attached.  Thanks for your input.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Re: problem installation of McAfee Total Protection

Jump to solution

Ok thanks for the info , we  have spotted the crash ,  A specific WLAN Atheros driver (WLAN_Atheros (Foxconn) driver version - 7.7.0.343) is common to the affected systems with this BSOD.  Updating the driver version or disabling the wireless card allows the system to restart normally. 

If you have a driver version earlier than than 8.0.0.238, you  must update this driver before you install your McAfee security suite. Please Contact the manufacturer of your computer or network card and update the Atheros driver card to 8.0.0.238 or later and then reinstalling McAfee suites should go fine . . .

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi daoud,

Please let us know one more info before we proceed further .

1. Right-click Computer.
  2. Click Manage.
  3. In the left panel, click Device Manager.
  4. Expand Network Adapters.
  5. Right-click the Atheros network adaptor.
  6. Click Properties.
  7. Click the Driver tab.
  8. And let us know what version of WLAN Atheros driver versions you see there ?

Regards,

daoud
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi JaiPrakash,

Network Adapter:  DW1525 (802.11n) WLAN PCIe Card

Driver Provider:  Atheros Communications, Inc.

Driver Date:  8/11/2009

Driver Version:  8.0.0.144 (built by WinDDK)

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

I appreciate your assistance w/this.

Thanks,

Dave

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Ok thanks for the info , we  have spotted the crash ,  A specific WLAN Atheros driver (WLAN_Atheros (Foxconn) driver version - 7.7.0.343) is common to the affected systems with this BSOD.  Updating the driver version or disabling the wireless card allows the system to restart normally. 

If you have a driver version earlier than than 8.0.0.238, you  must update this driver before you install your McAfee security suite. Please Contact the manufacturer of your computer or network card and update the Atheros driver card to 8.0.0.238 or later and then reinstalling McAfee suites should go fine . . .

Regards,

daoud
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi JaPrakash,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I did what you said (updating the driver) and it works like a champ.  I appreciate your help.  Thanks!

Daoud

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Thank  you

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community