cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josdeduiksmurf
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

pop up message: processing messages (berichten verwerken)

Hi I spent some time reading the threads and didn't find something for 'my problem'. I hope you can help.
Since a few days I have the following 'problem': each time I open Thunderbird, a McAfee pop up window appears with text "processing messages 0/1240476". This pop up window disappears after a few seconds. It seems to have no effect on my emails etc. but it is annoying and I never saw it until a few days ago...
8 Replies
Josdeduiksmurf
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

RE: pop up message: processing messages (berichten verwerken)

ONe additional remark: it may be that the text is slightly different, as I translated form the Dutch. Originally it reads: "berichten verwerken 0/1240476". Sorry for the confusion.
thecavern
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Yes, this pop up box with the text "Processing Messages: 0 / 1240472" just started appearing a few days ago if you downloaded the most current update.

Anyone know how to get rid of this ??
thecavern
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Anyone figure out how to get rid of this box ?
seanbsydney
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

I'm still having this problem

Hi,
Has anyone worked out what the deal is with this problem? I'm still having it - incredibly annoying.
Josdeduiksmurf
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

RE: I'm still having this problem

Unfortunately I was not able to find out the cause. After several weeks the messages is still present.... indeed very annoying Hope someone solved it.
sekharr
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

pop-up: prcocessing messages 0/1240476

I too have the same problem .. happened after recent auto-update - can anyone help on this? Thanks!=
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 9

RE: pop-up: prcocessing messages 0/1240476

Assuming that you are on McAfee Consumer products ( Not enterprise) Please contact technical support chat
http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

Run an MVT session and chat with a technician. They will be able to suggest a solution if you are connecting from the affected computer .

By the way did you try re-installing the products?
sekharr
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

RE: pop-up: prcocessing messages 0/1240476

Hello Vinod: The MVT was run several times without any problem being found. The chat technician was most unsatisfactory & recommended updating Windows (I am on Vista Ultimate with auto-update & system is fully updated). This is quite frustrating!!
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community