cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgtlc23655
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

my computer is always running...

can any one please help me figure out what is going on my computer 24-7.  Its pretty much basic. Not many apps, no games. I sometimes cant even type because the CPU is at 100%. I haven't even used it in days yet every time I walk by I can hear it running. the fan and clicks like bytes being downloaded. I have removed McAfee because I felt like it was taking all the CPU  and tried just using windows 10 security but it did nothing different so I put it back on and then started it over. nothing changed. it never stops. it sounds like something is downloading all the time.  I have shut down background apps, I have shut off things from running on startup, I deleted my kids accounts and put them on mine but they don't even use it.  I have very few pics on it. I am open to restarting from brand new if necessary. I have ran every scan I can find on your website. I cant stand it. It never rests like its supposed to. any help will be appreciated thank you 

1 Reply
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: my computer is always running...

Hi @mgtlc23655 

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please open Task manager and check what are all the application and processes is taking more CPU and you may end the particular task or service to consume more memory and also check for your physical memory installed (RAM) in your PC. 

Also let us know if McAfee installed in the machine and its version and your windows OS to proceed further.

Regards

Magesh J

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community