Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ProblemsAllTheT
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

everything gets blocked

I visit facebook.com RED ALERT
I visit msn.com RED ALERT

Visit Alibaba.com and also various other sites and I get a YELLOW ALERT. I attempt to override only to have the site tell me:

Sorry, we couldn't find the page you were looking for.
Return to our home page.
Leave us feedback.

I can't even surf the web anymore because of this. I have to constantly hit the stop button near my url bar just to get the page to stop for 5 seconds. What am I supposed to do?? This is the third time I've had problems with my McAfee software.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Reply
Jubo
Contributor III
Message 2 of 2

RE: everything gets blocked

Any other details you would like to share with us? What version of McAfee software is installed on what version of Windows?

Is the McAfee software a first install or came it with the computer? Any previous antivirus software installed previously?

Have you done an online scan just to see if the computer is infected by virus or malware? Try the online scan here: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/center/howsafe.htm

You might want to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of the software with the help of this document: How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products ...
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community