cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Auntiejey
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

admin user account -

Cannot access programme as i have forgotten my admin user account password that i created on 20 jan.

can somebody help me to reset my forgotten password ??  I do have a standard user account, but the admin account

keeps on blocking everything i want to access even the PC's VAIO Sony programmes.

I need help urgently as i have been going thru frustrations for the past 48hours. Sincere thanks

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: admin user account -

What operating system and service pack is this plus is this the actual "Administrator" account or one with Administrator status, the difference is important.

Also have you tried System Restore to before this occurred?  + Do you have the System Installation Disk?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 22/01/10 9:02:40 EST PM
Auntiejey
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Many thanks oncemore.

1. My programme is Window Vista.

2. UNSER ACCOUNTS AND FAMILY SAFETY:

I) I have 2 accounts  i) a Standard user account which is ok

ii) Administrator User Account that  is missing a password (this has an admin status) and

ir stops every pogramme you open.

Sorrry for not bding so clear.

Many thanks

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

Try booting into Safe Mode by tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up.  You may be able to access the actual "Administrator" account there.  If it appears on the log-in screen then you could use it to delete your corrupted Admin account.

Try that.

By the way....Vista - which edition and what service pack?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/01/10 2:25:28 EST PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

Auntiejey
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Thank you once more I will try.

My Window Vista Home Premium, and

I had just loaded Internet Explorer 8 a day before the problems started.

Cheers and thx.

Auntiejey

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Good luck.  Not sure what else to suggest that wont cost a lot of money.  You could always simply reinstall the system but make sure you update it to SP2 to remain secure.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community