cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnniedoo
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Windows10 vEthernet and Home Network incompatible

In my versoin of Windows 10 x64 pro i have automatic local network v ethernet adapters and i must disable them ,or it,  in order to have my multi access Total protection "Home Network"  to display what is actually on my home network. there is no error message ,jjust an empty slide area where all my devices and computers are usually displayed.  i was on a chat for a couple of hours without discovering why my home network , in the  PC and Home Netwook tools tab stopped showing all the devices. I ran back and forth among the different computers i have following plenty of suggestions.  after i ended the chat i looked in my network and found everything there was. i tried to connect and piggy back my dual lan gigabyte board and only then did i get an error message that prohibits mc afee from working in that situation. or it prevents the home network tools to work. never found out which. finally i just disabled the v ethernet adapters and all of a sudden the mcafee home network tool showing the 'map' or whatever of all the connected and disconnected devices, it is a useful tool but will not work without disabling things..any fix for this? anyone ever notice this?

thanks 

John d

3 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Windows10 vEthernet and Home Network incompatible

Thats an interesting behaviour which I'd like to replicate in our test environment. Please help me with the Network hardware details such as below

1. Network Card type

2. Network Card Manufacturer

3. PC Configuration (RAM, Processor etc..)

Nattavut291
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

@Nattavut291 Seems you have posted a blank reply

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community