cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danii
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

Why is security center saying my last scan was a month ago when I did a full scan last night?

Jump to solution

Hi Folks,

I opened security center and got a window that my computer hadn't been scanned in a month.  So I updated and did a full scan last night. Saw the thing working for 2 hours plus, then the computer shut down as I clicked the box to shut down if no problems were found.

I went back today and the pop up window was gone, yet security center said last scan was a month ago.

Why wouldn't last nights scan be recorded in security history?

Where is the list of all scans in Security center???

Any idea?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 10

Re: Re: Why is security center saying my last scan was a month ago when I did a full scan last night?

Jump to solution

Hi

In my Opinion that should be the Date/Time when last Scheduled Scan run. McAfee will run a Scheduled Scan even when it is not scheduled so as to ensure that PC is protected  (Assume if you haven't run a Manual Scan for more than a week -  PC is vulnerable to threats)

I would suggest you set up a Scheduled Scan and your preferred time and see if the scan kicks off. Once scan is complete check for last scan time

View solution in original post

9 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Re: Why is security center saying my last scan was a month ago when I did a full scan last night?

Jump to solution

You can check a couple of ways.The quickest being,Open your McAfee UI,and click on the ( Virus and Spyware Protection Tile) schedule and run scans. Top right should indicate when your (Last) scan was ran,and when your (Next) scan is scheduled to run.

You can also Open your McAfee UI,and click on (Help) Upper right. Then click on (Help) again..Upper left. And a page will load that gives you a "Step-by-Step" Guide on how to use your individual McAfee Features.

I might add, that you should indeed be able to view your completed scans in Security History.

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator 1

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Danii
Former Member
Message 3 of 10

Re: Why is security center saying my last scan was a month ago when I did a full scan last night?

Jump to solution

Clicked the virus and spyware tile.......top right is indicating a scan a month ago and not last night.

I scanned last night full scan over 2 hours, saw the scan work for 2 hours.....no problems found........now it is not indicating that scan took place....Why?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

It seems that something is not right? Please make certain you are current and up to date with all of your Windows updates, to include Internet Explorer also. Even should you not use it, McAfee and other important programs do in order to function properly.

This includes all Add-ons/Extensions/Plug-ins especially Adobe Flash Player (15.0.0.152 )

I would suggest you run the latest MVT :  http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/en-us/downloadindex.html and see if it resolves any problems. Should your issue still remain, you can do a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall following these Guidelines/Instructions:  How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MC...

If all else fails, you can contact Technical Support (Free) :

Please post back your results...

There is a (Subscription Repair Tool) however I am uncertain if it would be advisable to use in your instance.

All the best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator 1

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

I think and this is actually last scheduled scan. Do you have scheduled scan enabled and in navigation /settings/general settings and alerts /general settings set to not scan when idle?

Danii
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

I have never had scheduled scans enabled, because I do it manually, when I choose.

The second thing you said, I have the box  checked to scan when idle. I don't know why.

As you said Peacekeeper that scan showing in the upper right may be the last scheduled scan??  But I have scheduled scans off.

Completely separate question: Is there a log somewhere of all my McAfee scans and how do I get to see it?  In SAS for instance I can see all my scans for the last 2 years.

Security Center updates automatically an says my computer is secure and firewall is on.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Moved this to SecurityCenter as a better spot for it.

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

That box is ticked by default why I do not know. Try setting scheduled scan and running it at a time suitable for you it does the same as a manual scan.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 10

Re: Re: Why is security center saying my last scan was a month ago when I did a full scan last night?

Jump to solution

Hi

In my Opinion that should be the Date/Time when last Scheduled Scan run. McAfee will run a Scheduled Scan even when it is not scheduled so as to ensure that PC is protected  (Assume if you haven't run a Manual Scan for more than a week -  PC is vulnerable to threats)

I would suggest you set up a Scheduled Scan and your preferred time and see if the scan kicks off. Once scan is complete check for last scan time

Danii
Former Member
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Thanks.....I think that's it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community