cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hgldr
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Update Reminder keeps popping up

After I've updated, a McAfee icon continually pops up and states, "you haven't updated in awhile" or, when I click on, "remind me in 1 day" it pops up again in 1 hour, not 1 day. Per the advice on an older post, I ran McAfee Virtual Technician, but this keeps happening anyhow. Easy to just click away but, when I'm running my CAD program, sometimes this message comes up and covers the menus on my CAD so I have to stop everything, click the McAfee message away, then go back to what I was working on.  Kind of annoying.

Any other way to fix this?   (SecurityCenter Version 11.6, Build 11.6.511)

2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: Update Reminder keeps popping up

I would say that it might be improved by completely uninstalling in the normal manner via Control Panel > Programs, run the MCPR cleanup tool, reboot and reinstall from your online account, not from any CD you may have.

It appears that your current installation may be corrupted.  That can happen for many reasons, including infection, use of registry cleaners etc.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/08/13 6:20:52 EDT AM
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: Update Reminder keeps popping up

Marking this as 'Assumed Answered' and locking it. Over 4 years old.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community