cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_586
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Total protection 2013 installation from disk issues - does not work???

Hi

Please assist - I have a Acer PC that came pre installed with Mcafee software, it had expired so purchased a Mcafee Total protection 2013, Im running Windows * and running a 64 bit system.

Placed the Installation Cd in, all started normally, it advised me it had to remove the existing software, which it did and re started.

Now it hand with a blick in the center of the screem and hangs?????? whats up

Please help, if I dont get it right going to exchange for another Brand

3 Replies
user_586
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Total protection 2013 installation from disk issues - does not work???

running Windows 8

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

Michael I have altered your log in user name for your own security and privacy.  We don't allow email addresses to be posted or used publicly.   You will have to log in again using user name michael.vieira.

How old is this CD? 

Try this:   McAfee relies in Internet Explorer set to it's defaults regardless of default browser choice, so open IE10 and go to Tools/Compatibility View and make all websites use Compatibility View.  Then go to Tools/Internet Options and click the Advanced tab and then click the Reset button.  Apply and OK any prompts.   Close and reopen IE10 and then go to Tools/Addpons and re-enable any that you need.

Then try your installation again.

If it fails at this point I suggest you contact Technical Support by phone or online chat, it's free and linked through Useful Links at the top of this page.

user_174994
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hello Michael,

Please go to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Do that using IE10 in desktop mode.

Provide us with feedback is the flash player working correctly.

Regards.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community