cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tippex
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Systemguards have blocked - How can I UNBLOCK?

I'm running latest McAfee Security Centre v9.3 (total protection 2009). I've changed my mind on blocking a startup program but I cannot find any way to unblock it. Doing "View recent events" finds the one I blocked (shame I can as easy unblock it from the same screen ... would have saved hours).

It lists the process I need to unblock. Before "giving up and posting here, I found advice given on a old thread that I tried to follow, which was:
Basic Menu -> Computers & Files -> configure -> Advanced (from the SystemGuard section) ... then the advice was to remove the block there.

However, it's a dead-end. I don't see the process I need to unblock, just highlevel items like "ActiveX Installations, Startup Items". I've look through the Drop-down list too, Program SystemGuards, Windows Systemguards, Browser system guards ... nothing even remotely to do with the process I'm looking to unblock.

I'm really struggling with this one. I do know that the process was trying to add itself into Win.ini and therefore was attempting to set itself up as a "startup" item. Can anyone help with some advice please??
1 Reply
Tippex
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

RE: Systemguards have blocked - How can I UNBLOCK?

Sorry I forgot to mention that I do normally value the Systemguard protection therefore did not wish to "Under SystemGuard protection, click Off".:eek:
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community