Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InfrequentUser0
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Suspicious Web Site (Phishing) Claims Antivirus Program Expired

Jump to solution

I was on the online page for a review, in The Independent, of a play. (https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/theatre-coffee-royal-court-theatre-upstairs-at-the-...)

The page changed to the one below, which claims that my McAfee antivirus program (I don't remember the exact wording) expired today. I assume it is phishing, and just wanted to bring it to the company's attention:

https://protection-check.com/?lander=9gbztjgfh2uc&p=maf2899ex2cu9u&halert=1&campaign=3c70e083-cb82-4...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Suspicious Web Site (Phishing) Claims Antivirus Program Expired

Jump to solution

Hello @InfrequentUser0 

Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Please ensure you don't click or download any content from these kind of websites.

Always visit our Official McAfee Website if you want to know about our products, new launches or offers, login to your account to renew or purchase etc.. If you feel that your computer/devices act strange or infected by malware, please feel free to contact us through Community or other support channels[Chat or Phone]

Regards,
Madhan M

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello @InfrequentUser0 

Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Please ensure you don't click or download any content from these kind of websites.

Always visit our Official McAfee Website if you want to know about our products, new launches or offers, login to your account to renew or purchase etc.. If you feel that your computer/devices act strange or infected by malware, please feel free to contact us through Community or other support channels[Chat or Phone]

Regards,
Madhan M

Duncan_mtl
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Jus got an email saying mcafee would take $400 from my bank account unless I called them. What are you doing about these? 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community