cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rravenfan
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Site Advisor not working properly, any help appreciated

I've got two computers secured through my subscription of McAfee Internet Security Suite 2007.  I installed it on the first computer in 2007 and added the second computer about a year ago.   I noticed that on the second computer the Site Advisor pops up each time a search engine is engaged advising of the threat risk of each listed website.  On the first computer, however, this does not occur.  I attempted to reach McAfee technical support but did not have success because the chat session software would not download to my computer.  Any thoughts on how to activate the Site Advisor function for the first computer - so that it operates the same way it does on the second computer - would be appreciated.

3 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Site Advisor not working properly, any help appreciated

Is the site advisor visable?Or is it grayed out when you open your browser?Also what browser do you use?

Rravenfan
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the response Newjack.  The Site Advisor for the second computer is visible.  It is not visible on the first computer.  The only time it is visible on the first computer is when it appears as a warning before entering a suspect site.  The browser is internet explorer 7, I believe.  The OS is Vista.

Rravenfan
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Problem is solved.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community