cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jnryan
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Security Center update crashing email

I was using Eudora email with the 7 version without any problems. Now after downloading the latest update when I try to open email I receive an error message stating that the email encountered a problem and had to close (before it opens, actually). When I go to the details the error signature appears to list a file Mskuplg.dll update as the problem.

I am currently running:
Security Center 9.3 (Build 9.3.137)
Virus Scan 13.3 (Build 13.3.115)
Personal Firewall 10.3 (Build 10.3.106)
Site Advisor 2.8 (Build 2.8.304)
Anti-Spam 10.3 (Build 10.3.109)

I have tried disabling the Anti-Spam, the Personal Firewall and Virus Scan of emails. I get the same results.

I have not tried uninstalling any software at this point till I heard from the site here.
1 Reply
Jnryan
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

RE: Security Center update crashing email

OK, I got Eudora to work. But to do it, I had move the offending McAfee file, Mskuplg.dll, to My Documents. (I didn't want to delete the file and find out afterwards I created another problem.)

My email is working now. Of course the question now is: What function did the Mskuplg.dll perform? Have degraded McAfee protection by doing this?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community