cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sindmd
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Security Center 9.0 not fully protected

I see this other individuals but can not determine the resolution. I recently renewed my McAfee in December 2008. I believe all the McAfee software is up to date. When ever the PC is powered up, McAfee always shows that I am not fully protected. When I check the status, 95% if the time it shows that I am fully protected. Every once in a while it shows that the system files and IM/Email needs fixing which I do.

Today I rebooted my PC Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 and received the not fully protected message. I checked the status which now shows that I am fully protected. I went to the internet and McAfee pops up and says I am not fully protected. Checking the status showed I am fully protected. I ran your virtual diagnostics from your web site and again it showed I am fully protected.

My PC is very slow after the upgrade. Accessing the internet seems to have been affected with these new releases.

Why am I getting these "not fully protected" messages?

Mark
6 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

RE: Security Center 9.0 not fully protected

Hello,

Please clarify/ try the following:

• Are you using McAfee for the 1st time, if so did you use any other security software in the computer?

• If you have used some other security software was that removed completely from the computer?

• How old is your computer? You may also try to run a check disk to make sure there are no issues with your computer’s hard drive

• To run a check disk> Open My Computer> Right click on the Local Disk C:\> Click on Properties> Click on Tools> Click on Error-checking Check Now> Make a check mark on all available areas> Click on Start> Click on Ok and reboot your computer, so the check disk will automatically start
sindmd
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

I have used McAfee with my Dell PC since purchasing over 2+ years ago. This is the only security software product on my PC.

I ran CHKDSK with no errors reported.

When turning on my PC today, a download was being performed. It appeared to be VIRUSSCAN. Afterwards my PC showed that I was unprotected. System files and IM/Email needed fixing. I selected FIX and an error message was displayed: "One or more problems cannot be fixed because of an error". After selecting OK, McAfee shows that I am fully protected. Recent events only show that "Real tie virus protection was enabled". My software was updated from the internet when I renewed my software maintenance in December.

I still need help.
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Hi

Can you provide the version for McAfee product (open security center ->click on about in bottom right hand panel-> Build version for each product)?
Did you have experience any pop-us or alert in the system?
Did you made any change to the computer?

Steps can be tried:

Performed the MVT (McAfee Virtual technician) in the system link is http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/default.asp

Try to perform the Malware removal tool: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php and remove any detected files make sure you remove the Malware bytes from the system once you complete the Scan.

Regards
Bala
sindmd
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Security Center 9.0
Virus Scan 13.0
Personal Firewall 10.0
Site Advisor 2.9
Anti-Spam 10.0
Parental Controls 11.0

I ran McAfee Virtual Technician before and again after your response. No problesm were found either time. The MALWARE removal tool appears not to be a McAfee product. Since multiple individuals are having this problem, why do I need to use their product and not yours? I responded to another individual thread who has the exact same problem.
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

I do certainly agree with your statement. However, the reason for us to recommend that free software is to run a scan in your computer and to make sure there are no other malware infections.
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Re: RE: Security Center 9.0 not fully protected

Marking this thread as 'Assumed Answered' and locking it. As it s over 8 years old.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community