Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halton
Contributor III
Message 1 of 4

Safe Mode

Jump to solution

I recently that I had two items in the quarantined folder and tha were Trojans first I chose to send them to Mcaffee and then I deleted them I am hoping I did the right thing. I then went into the safe mode without internet access and ran a complete scan. Was this the correct thing to do or should I have run the safe mode with internet access?

If so I will rerun the scan in safe mode with internet access.

Thank you.

Jerry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Safe Mode

Jump to solution

No need because I believe that VirusScan wont access the Internet in that mode anyway, but you did the right thing.   There was no need to send them to McAfee unless they were labelled unknown as normally the SecurityCenter links up with the database in any case.  Deleting them got rid of them altogether, so you should be all right but if you want to make sure there some hints and tools on this page:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168

View solution in original post

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

No need because I believe that VirusScan wont access the Internet in that mode anyway, but you did the right thing.   There was no need to send them to McAfee unless they were labelled unknown as normally the SecurityCenter links up with the database in any case.  Deleting them got rid of them altogether, so you should be all right but if you want to make sure there some hints and tools on this page:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168

halton
Contributor III
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thank you.

Jerry

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

You're welcome.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community